One Piece

Koby

One Piece Rating from 1-10.  

285 members have voted

1. 1. One Piece Rating from 1-10.

Oh yeah, I hated it at first. I thought it was stupid. It might have been my mood at the time, but the second time I watched the first episode, I couldn't stop laughing! But what got me hooked was the introduction of Zoro. His character is so awesome! Then, I got REALLY into it when I first saw how strong Luffy actually was. I thought he was just stretchy, then he crushed a boulder between his hands.

Needless to say, this is one of my favorite anime's of all time.

Well starting it around 2 years ago, I first thought it had crappy animation quality compared to all my other series I was watching. But as the story progress it got better and the style was more evident! all the epic battles and the long journey has really put a lot of meaning into each development step in the series. I love it more than any other series now!

The first time I saw One Piece was when I was in elementary school, and I had pretty negative thoughts on it. "What the hell is this???" Even as a kid, the 4kids dub censoring was blatantly obvious. Now in high school, one of my older friends recommended it to me. On a whim, I decided to give the original subbed One Piece a shot. Before I watched it, I looked into OP a little and saw that is was running since 1999... while the manga started in 1997. "SHIT if it's been running for this long it has to be good." My guess was definitely right. :) I recently caught up to all the OP episodes last September, and have joined the fans who wait each week for the next awesome episode. *A* One Piece is now one of my top favorite shonens. :)

I think One Piece is "one piece" of gold. A single piece that has a lot of relevance for leadership. Or maybe an extremely large piece of gold. But I am leaning more toward a small piece of gold. And Luffy would wear it as the king.

Edit: Meaning that it isn't "The greatest treasure in the world" by the traditional point of view. It is a symbol, the one who wears it is the king, the most powerful pirate, the one worthy. etc.

If I am going to sum up the way things anime./manga series tends to end based on other series, this ONE PIECE to me will probably be just some sort of "one volume" of historical knowledge that will fill up the missing canon of the "void Century" of One Piece History. Nothing fancy and such, maybe just a piece of paper, of course since the series is tailored in swash buckling pirate and buccaneer theme, the one-piece will be included on a huge pile of treasure throve, but for Luffy and Nico, the true treasure will be that knowledge, the one power that can change the world by changing history itself....

Makes sense? :D

I'm an X-men baby, my first taste of anything "drawn and moving" before i got into anime was American Comics, and one of my most favorite character is MAGNETO.

I am also a "science" guy (for a lack of a better term than the "geek" word), I would love to have the "Fire" ability but magnetism is the one true logic in the universe... so I'll go with that.

For the devil fruit..... ahhhh.... simple.... "babe" magnet comes to mind... (and yes I'm a nerd) :D lol

i do like the tree idea but i always thought it was gold rogers memories like a book. his stories of all his adventures and his most important item. like how luffy hat is his most important treasure. so i thought it was a message to all those people who could reach the end in a log book or something like that

I love One Piece. The manga follows the law that manga are better than the anime so I switched over half way into the CP9 arc. I had caught up to the point where the straw hat pirates are with the mermaids and battling arlongs friend, the fisher guy I think (havent read it in a couple of months, dont remember the names). I think the show works on many levels though it can be childish. Sanji is my favorite character and I love odas art more than any other manga artist

When I first read about One Piece, I thought that the storyline was strange. I passed over it several times because the plot line sounded stupid. However, during the first episode I saw some potential for action and humor. Luffy's personality made me laugh from the start, so I stuck with it (although I didn't like the plot and animation for a bit). It was boring for a while (I actually skipped over several episodes and just read about them on Wikipedia), but it got much better as the show progressed! One Piece is now one of my favorite shows!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, just because it was a long ass series with so many episodes, and the tiny bits I'd seen on Cartoon Network as a kid was just some rubber guy who could stretch his arms and some idiot with a long nose, I'd never really wanted to watch it. My first thoughts that it were shit before having even watched a full episode. Then one day I decided to give it a go. Then about a week later and I was up to episode 200.