Do any male voice actors actually play males?

Valy

There are lots of characters voiced by guys; How else would male voice actors make a living?

It's just a lot of shounen series use females for their main characters who are young because often the series will go on for years and the boys hit puberty which causes their voice to change.

Example being Alphonse in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood having to be played by a girl because Aaron Dismuke went through puberty by the time Brotherhood was made.

Having a girl play those parts prevent issues like that from occurring.

Vic Mignogna. Vic Mignogna is a famous voice actor, playing Edward in Fullmetal Alchemist, Zero in Vampire Knight, and Tamaki in Ouran High School Host Club.

And yes, as Koby stated, most male characters are played by female characters. But, if you hadn't have read the credits, then I don't think you would've known ><

Mamoru Miyano plays Kida Masaomi from Durarara and Zero Kiryuu from Vampire Knight and other male characters. ^^

Some other male characters I know are played by guys, even if I don't know the names of the voice actors: Usui Takumi from Kaichou Wa Maid-sama, Kurosaki Ichigo from Bleach, Takasu Ryuuji from Toradora, and lots more.

There are a lot of male voice actors particularly in the shounen genre. Granted there are also a lot of female voice actresses too. And the girls tend to voice guy characters that are really young because ya know it would be disturbing to see an adorable boy with a deep manly voice...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...