KamWri Competition

Shazi

KamWri is a competition to encourage people to get writing. There is no judging and you can write (almost) whatever you like, your creativity isn't limited by a theme, but we are willing to give one if need be. You have Two months to complete a story or Epic (poem) in one of the tiers to acquire a congratulatory prize.

Okay, so we have the rules

-Due date: 10th March 2012

-stories that have been started already, but before continuing please submit what's already written

-no fanfiction (please create your own characters and their personalities)

-entries to be submitted via google docs to Shazi, Mae, Emotional Outlet or

The Joy

-entries must fit into one of these tiers:

1000-5000 words

Talented Typist

5000-10,000 words

Spledid Scribe

10,000-20,000 words

Fiction Fantastico

20,000 to 50,000 words

Wondrous Wordsmith

50,000+

Astounding Author

We look forward to reading your work, and good luck to you all =D

Edited by Emotional Outlet

• 3 weeks later...

Just as a minor incentive, for those participating I'll buy the person who writes the most words a licence for a writing program (up to a $100 value) of their choice. If they don't want anything, then it goes down the list until I find a taker.

ETA: Here's a few links as a starting point if you want something but aren't sure what's out there. I personally recommend Scrivener, but if you've always wanted to try something, now's your chance.

(Obviously I won't be buying myself anything if it turns out to be me, which I doubt, haha.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is 0844 EST, so I will post my final word count. My story is Plate 39, which I am slowly posting on the forum, haha.

I intended to aim higher, but personal issues got in the way. Next time, haha. I'll bug Java into whipping together some buttons for participants (he is sleeping right now, just like I should be), but once everyone reports in with their totals, I'll get in touch with the person with the highest word count to see what I can get for them.

Shazi, I don't mind if you just estimate your word count for your written pages. I also saw you wanted to make some changes to the contest! I had some ideas, but they have fled my head as I am nearly falling asleep at my laptop. I'll get back to this when I wake up before I leave for work, but I just wanted to thank everyone who participated in this! Even if it was only a handful.