~ Yuri's Gallery/Showcase ~

Xanodus

A wallpaper! I tried adding lots of effects, but not too many. Sometimes it's good to stick with simplicity~

Miku Wallpaper V1: The only thing I don't like about this is the black though :/

sllesw.png

You don't like the black? because I must say I love it in this picture! Hatsune Miku is one of my favourite non-anime characters, so seeing her in some GFX is awesome! And I agree with the keeping it simple approach, not everything can be done with lots of effects and colours.

Everything in that picture blend in so well, its a fusion of awesomness!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your wallpaper is rather lovely--I'm a fan of the grainy texture.

As for your Neru signature, I actually like the look of the first one better. You definitely shouldn't feel obligated to hurry through creating an image. If you get tired of it, take a break--move onto another project or just do something else entirely. No one is pressuring you to crank these out as fast as you can, haha.

awesome wall paper can i borrow it.

and your hunger games sig made me read the book again, starting to read that novel again.

Yes, of course you may ^.^

Your wallpaper is rather lovely--I'm a fan of the grainy texture.

As for your Neru signature, I actually like the look of the first one better. You definitely shouldn't feel obligated to hurry through creating an image. If you get tired of it, take a break--move onto another project or just do something else entirely. No one is pressuring you to crank these out as fast as you can, haha.

You really think so? And yeah, it's just that lately it's been hard sincd through most of my works I need to hurry, since gimp always freezes. But i know lots more editors, so we'll see how it goes :)

• 3 weeks later...

Some new stuff, seems like no-one has checked out this thread, probs since I havent posted much. Anyhoo, here are a few works:

A banner, recent, a former entry for BOTM until I switched it out with a different banner.

2dbjsqu.png

My current signature, another Hunger Games signature.

rmk104.png

My winning banner entry for BOTM, Cynthia from Pokemon:

25s8k0o.png

A Len Kagamine Graphic. Shame about it though, last time I was saving it and my laptop froze and overheated. :/ This was the best I could come up with for the very little time I had.

xemtnb.png

Some new stuff, seems like no-one has checked out this thread, probs since I havent posted much. Anyhoo, here are a few works:

A banner, recent, a former entry for BOTM until I switched it out with a different banner.

2dbjsqu.png

My current signature, another Hunger Games signature.

rmk104.png

My winning banner entry for BOTM, Cynthia from Pokemon:

25s8k0o.png

A Len Kagamine Graphic. Shame about it though, last time I was saving it and my laptop froze and overheated. :/ This was the best I could come up with for the very little time I had.

xemtnb.png

I remember when you posted that first banner, I thought that I didn't stand a chance against it with my banner (and as you can see my banner didn't do to well hahaha) then when you posted the cynthia banner, I knew you had put a lot of effort into your GFX work. You are really improving, and I need to get my butt into gear to keep up lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Just another recent signature. I really don't like it, it was the best I could do before my laptop burnt my table -.-

Anyway, my recent signature and Avatar combo, Saeko from HOTD:

352iukl.png

I know all about that yuri, my laptop always overheats. Anyways onto the signature, first off my eyes were drawn into the main render of Saeko, which I thought worked really well with the signature. My only problem with it is that the renders don't blend well with the Background. But I love the signature and avatar and even the text in it.

Keep up the good work Yuri!!

I am so happy with these. The 2 Alice graphics are requests from one of my teachers, and the darker and larger graphic is also another teacher request.

I love this one, but the only problem I have is with the background! I didn't really have a choice, I had to switch between GIMP 2.6 and Pixlr frequently because GIMP kept freezing.

Alice V1

Quote by me~

1zl4nko.png

Alice V2

2qvrtbo.png

I think version one is the better version. I don't see anything I would change about it. I like the colors and the way you used a few different fonts; it gives it a whimsical effect, which is very Alice in Wonderland.

As for version two... The text is the biggest problem; it blends into the background, making it really difficult to read. Also, I don't like the way the whole image seems dull. The colors really pop in the first version, and in version two, all the colors seem really muted. I prefer the more vibrant colors.

It's good that you're trying a bunch of different styles and ideas. Experimentation is a great way to figure out what works for you and what doesn't.

I can agree, the first one is the better of the two. Both are great, but I dont really like the render that much. On the first one, it looks like there are lots of vertical lines, so it doesnt seem to fit in as nicely. As for the second, the render has Alice crying, which doesnt fit the magical story very well. Only other criticism is that the text shouldnt blend with the background so much in the second one. All in all, great work!

I agree with you both. My first was my best, and the second was just something I did because I was bored.

@ llama: She is crying because she is upset she can't leave Wonderland. She also cried at the beginning when she was stuck in the Hall With Many Doors.

• 3 weeks later...

Your sigs are getting a lot better, Yuri. If I may suggest something, if you want to make your sigs blend a little better and really clean up the colors, try using the wonderful Color Balance tool. It allows you to bring out colors that are hidden in the sig and really make it pop, as well as help with blurriness and such. It is a very useful tool that I think would make your sigs that much better.

Your sigs are getting a lot better, Yuri. If I may suggest something, if you want to make your sigs blend a little better and really clean up the colors, try using the wonderful Color Balance tool. It allows you to bring out colors that are hidden in the sig and really make it pop, as well as help with blurriness and such. It is a very useful tool that I think would make your sigs that much better.

Thanks! And I never knew that tool could be so useful!

Well here are the ones from my USB that I couldn't be bothered finding lol... Sorry if there are some I already put up, I havent been keeping track lately~

Banner.png

V2

Bannerv2.png

BeforeTheRain.png

A series of the same graphic:

Cupcake2.png

Cupcake.png

Cupcake3.png

Cupcake4.png < A boring one xD

Cupcake5.png

Cupcake6.png

My current SOTW entry: