~ Yuri's Gallery/Showcase ~

Xanodus

I really like the banner, your SOTW entry, and the Howl's Moving Castle piece. Although, I'm not sure which version I like more. I bet if you moved the starburst-sun-thing a little more behind them, it would be perfect. The lighting on the render itself looks hard to work with! Also, I think if the colors were a bit more muted, in a similar fashion to the render, it would make it come together more.

Competitions and request threads are great for practicing. So I say go for it!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovley work as always Yuri, you have a very unique style in your GFX thats makes your GFX pieces very interesting to look at.

And I rekon creating a GFX request thread is a great idea, I have done it and I must say im getting lots of practice. I might even request something from you in the near future ;)

V2

MrBrettargh2.png

I don't know anything about lighting or whether this is realistic, but I do prefer this version over the first one.

The cupcake ones were really cute and I liked the font on most of your images, but the ones with lengthier bits of text didn't seem to blend well with the image. The first version of your Alice graphic, I thought, had fantastic text. I liked the second one's colours, but the fonts didn't seem to work well together overall for some reason.

You have wonderful style and I think a request thread would be a good thing! It'd be great practise and it's always nice to know that people want to "wear" your art, as it were.

• 2 weeks later...

Your two newest ones are great! I especially love the second one. If I had to choose something to change about them it would just relate to text. In the first one, the second line of text is cut off a little bit on the bottom. And in the second one, I would make the second line a little smaller, putting more emphasis on the "Techformers."

But really, this is just nitpicking. Keep up the great work!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...