Comparing manga to their animes

ShadowDevyn

I personally don't mind too many of the animes out there as of right now, but when I went to see Fushigi Yugi and Ayashi no Ceres, I was extremely disappointed. The mangas alone are simply amazing and the stories are just powerful. But the animes themselves were a whole different story.

Fushigi Yugi

- The manga is one of the amazing ones I have ever read. But the anime just made me sick. The voice actors were horrible beyond all belief and were drawn just as bad.

Ayashi no Ceres

- My whole problem with this is the fact they skipped pretty much all of the books plot and it ended up badly... super disappointed.

Has anyone else found ones that were amazing and the other was just horrible?

It really depends on the series and the stage it is released. If a manga series hasn't been finish yet, then the team behind the anime will have to produce their own ending to it.... so might as well adapt the plot in other elements to make it suit. There have been some brilliant series both ways - better off not thinking about comparisons.

Yeah usually mangas are better then their anime counter parts, but I still like the anime more xP

one I actually read the manga of and watched the anime was DNAngel, I thought the anime was kinda stupid the manga was a good read, I used to get them at a local library.

another one... I suppose would FMA and FMAB. the manga was cool but kinda separate from the its first animation until FMAB but it was not what I expected and I never finished watching it.

When I was younger, I despised the Tokyo Mew Mew manga but loved the anime. The manga was too all over the place and didn't seem to actually fit. It was like a bunch of sloppy fan drawings thrown together.

Azumanga Daioh was a fantastic manga, and a terrible anime. None of the jokes worked at all in the anime, they were too drawn out. Not to mention, everything cute in the manga was cutesy in the anime.

The Kitarou manga is basically the oldest series. Very little change, and that was just great.

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head, but even there you can see that it varies a lot. Depends on the people in charge.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't read that much manga - the only series I've really gotten into were Bleach and Death Note. With Death Note I loved both just as much as each other. With Bleach I found the voice actors didn't suit what I had imagined in my head (I read about 30 volumes before watching the anime) so it was hard to watch at first, but I got used to it and learned to love it, but I MUCH prefer the manga.

Well... this is my opinion take it or leave it:

One should not compare them, the anime (and live action) a based on the manga, so it does not have to follow word for word, scene for scene as the manga (don't get me wrong i prefer the manga to any anime/live action)so when watching the anime/LA make sure you remind yourself that it wont follow the manga, and watch it like you have never read the manga and you should enjoy it.

In my opinion both anime and manga are awesome. I do agree that many anime are a disappointment compare to their manga. However, anime are still great to watch. Anime has sound which makes a huge difference, you are able to have a clearer understanding of the characters through their voices.

I think it depends on how the animes are produced. If the storyline is exactly the same then you could consider that anime an exact replica of the manga story. Otherwise, I dont end up liking the anime as much as the manga. Or when the anime finishes, it sucks because you read the manga and nothing would make sense because the storyline is different.