AotM #1: Rideback

lemmingllama

I would propose that we begin something that can become a monthly thing, the Anime of the Month. Simply put, we will watch the anime throughout the month and then chat about it in a thread. As guidelines, the anime chosen will always be 26 episodes or less, and active users of the thread can pm me suggestions for the next month's anime. Also please try something that not everyone has seen before so the discussions arent biased. Now that we have that established, we can now begin with December 2011's anime, Rideback, as chosen by me! For those interested, TCL has encoded this from Blu-Ray.

http://forums.kametsu.com/showthread.php?t=19276

Rideback.png

Type: TV

Episodes: 12

Aired: Jan 11, 2009 to Mar 29, 2009

Producers: Madhouse Studios, FUNimation EntertainmentL

Genres: Action, Drama, Mecha, School, Sci-Fi

Duration: 24 min. per episode

Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

It seems like a fun idea but you are going to have to post final results. As in why the anime was chosen. Are our choices limited to anime that has been uploaded to this site or not. It would probably be a good Idea to create two threads for this. A voter thread and a Anime of the month thread to keep things organized.

If any thing else My choice for next months vote would be.

749295.jpg

Type:Movie

Runtime:102 minutes

Aired:October 9, 2010

Produced by:Madhouse - Takeshi Koike

Genre:Action, sci-fi, racing, post apocalyptic, robots, echi, mecha, and aliens.

Rating:NR. Mild sci-fi violence and minor sexual innuendo.

At a time when cars are finally being replaced by hover cars. The great race of yellow line has a huge fan base. How ever yellow line cannot compete with the illegal circuit known as Redline. Jp a racing vet has Redline in his sights but in order to win he must race against his sketchy past and a cast of unusual, robotic, mutant and alien competitors.

Link_http://forums.kametsu.com/showthread.php?t=20480&highlight=redline

interesting choice lemming. I enjoyed this series immensely due to its original storyline and the way it went about it. The art work was pretty damn impressive as well, very fluid motion and no jumpy action scenes. It flows....

The storyline was very, very good. The whole ballet undertones was brilliant, but it was the flair of rebellion and skater-esque culture that hooked me. Not to mention the rideback designs are excellent...go Fuego!

interesting choice lemming. I enjoyed this series immensely due to its original storyline and the way it went about it. The art work was pretty damn impressive as well, very fluid motion and no jumpy action scenes. It flows....

The storyline was very, very good. The whole ballet undertones was brilliant, but it was the flair of rebellion and skater-esque culture that hooked me. Not to mention the rideback designs are excellent...go Fuego!

This is mainly why I picked it actually, the ballet. And of course it flows just like the dance, that was what they were going for. I just started it but Im already enjoying it immensely

Just finished the first episode of this anime and it was amazing. The opening and closing were great and the songs were even more spectacular, as soon as I saw them I knew that this was going to be an amazing anime.

I love the detail and effect of the video and the humanoid bikes look simply brilliant, they had so much detail and colour. I especially like the story so far, I can feel a bit of tragedy in there which always is good for me since I can get more emotionally attached.

There are very few anime I have seen that I have liked this much just from watching the first episode. Anyone viewing this thread I highly recommend Rideback.

Just finished up the anime, really superb. The soundtrack perfectly fits the show. Episode 4 was my favourite, when they are fitting the lighthearted tone of the beginning with the plot of the end. The animation of the ridebacks are also awesome. I highly reccomend this for others.

As a side note, I was dissappointed in this anime a bit for a couple things. For one, they drew one of the characters, Shoko, like a man with hair horns strapped onto either side of her head. Also, her tooth bugged me.

Now for discussion,

was it really necessary for them to put the random lackey that tries to overthrow the Supreme Commander? I think it didnt really add anything to the anime and was just a plot piece that was added for the hell of it. Plus then instead of lackey shooting, it coulda been Goblin

And remember to pm me for suggestions for next months, or else I get to pick it!

As a side note, I was dissappointed in this anime a bit for a couple things. For one, they drew one of the characters, Shoko, like a man with hair horns strapped onto either side of her head. Also, her tooth bugged me.

I know what you mean the tooth just doesn't seem right, I think it's supposed to show that the character is mischiefious.

I'll be able to finish it by tomorrow or in 2 days at most

Just finished episode 3 and so far I love how sort of care free it is with Rin just getting used to the ridebacks and the new members getting settled in. With the scenes where the GGP officials are talking about the attacks and ridebacks I can tell it's going to get more serious soon. But for now I enjoy seeing Rin reliving her ballet days and participating in the race.

Can't wait to see the next few episodes =).

For next months anime could I request Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (1), heard some greats things about it and seen some even better pictures from it.

No problemo. Just pm it to me next time, we dont want to clutter up the thread unless you also discuss the AotM.

And my favourite rideback out of the bunch was the RB-Z, looked really awesome compared to most of the others.

Half way through it and it keeps getting better and better. With the addition of the white riders it's becoming even more interesting but I won't go into detail since I haven't finished this yet and want to give my full opinion once all is understood.

One thing I will say is that damn this is a great anime and I can tell it hasn't gotten to the best bit just yet.

Finished the last episode about 4 hours ago and I just can't get it out of my head, in a good way. It was absolutely superb too bad it was only 12 episodes long I wanted the feeling to last longer.

Response to lemmingllama discussion post

Yeah I know the whole way through this I was think who the hell is she anyway. Also it would of been good for Goblin to shoot the GGP commander, wanted someone to get their revenge at least, but he was saving Rin.

Another thing I wanted to discuss

Is it just me or did the death of Suzuri hit really hard, I mean I didn't even see it coming then all of a sudden there's that silent scene showing the people's reactions, made me tear up.

The thing with this is I feel that the ending was great, but somehow missing something.

Finished the last episode about 4 hours ago and I just can't get it out of my head, in a good way. It was absolutely superb too bad it was only 12 episodes long I wanted the feeling to last longer.

Response to lemmingllama discussion post

Yeah I know the whole way through this I was think who the hell is she anyway. Also it would of been good for Goblin to shoot the GGP commander, wanted someone to get their revenge at least, but he was saving Rin.

Another thing I wanted to discuss

Is it just me or did the death of Suzuri hit really hard, I mean I didn't even see it coming then all of a sudden there's that silent scene showing the people's reactions, made me tear up.

The thing with this is I feel that the ending was great, but somehow missing something.

Its because we want the series to just keep on going, it could have easily been 26 episodes. And we all want to see what happens next. And to respond to your question.

yeah her death did hit hard, I kinda expected it but still didnt think at first that it should have happened. Was sad...

Its because we want the series to just keep on going, it could have easily been 26 episodes. And we all want to see what happens next. And to respond to your question.

yeah her death did hit hard, I kinda expected it but still didnt think at first that it should have happened. Was sad...

Yeah I always think that a good series should last longer but then series that go on for a bit too long start to loose it.

I thought she had just been injured until I saw the flying helmet.

One thing I noticed after episode 9 was how well the music fit the situation, I'm trying to find the soundtrack for it now.