AotM #1: Rideback

lemmingllama

Last series I finished was Rideback. Gave it an 8/10. It was actually a lot different than what you'd think based on the description and artwork. Turned out fairly nice, but it just had too much going for it. If this would have had the time to really pace itself better I'd have enjoyed it a lot more. I say it could have easily been a 22 to 26 episode series, but they crammed it down to 12. Would love to see a movie or ova come out later to show another race and the outcome between the blond chick and the main character. That was my favorite part in the beginning.

Last series I finished was Rideback. Gave it an 8/10. It was actually a lot different than what you'd think based on the description and artwork. Turned out fairly nice, but it just had too much going for it. If this would have had the time to really pace itself better I'd have enjoyed it a lot more. I say it could have easily been a 22 to 26 episode series, but they crammed it down to 12. Would love to see a movie or ova come out later to show another race and the outcome between the blond chick and the main character. That was my favorite part in the beginning.

Yeah it was pretty much a 25 episode series crammed into 12 episodes, it felt like the whole story was rushed and it felt like there were unexplained bits here and there especially the last 2 episodes. If Tamayo & Rin did face off again I'm pretty sure that Rin would win it she had the technique from the very start, but it would be fun to watch.

It is from 2010, so there still is a minute possibility that someone could pick up the project again. And yeah, more racing would definately be nice to see, plus a tricks course would be really impressive thing to watch.

Question: sub or dub? I personally enjoyed the sub voices more, but that was mainly since it wasnt a huge action type thing. And for those who want to vote for AotM #2, please pm or visitor message me asap, since only a couple votes have come in and I may just end up choosing another one

To be honest I didn't even bother checking out the Japanese dub. I watched it via TheChaosLegion 720p dual-audio encodes which has the English Dub set on default. It was really good and I was able to watch it so I didn't bother checking out the other audio. I even ended up buying the Blu-ray from RightStuf on their 12 days of Christmas sale for $25.