Type: TV

Episodes: 26

Aired: Oct 9, 2011 to ?

Producers: Asread

Genres: Action, Mystery, Shounen, Supernatural, Psychological, Thriller

Duration: Unknown

Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Synopsis:

Middle school 2nd year, Amano Yukiteru, is a boy who has problem making friends. He thinks of himself as a bystander and will always write down everything he sees in a cell phone diary.

Tormented by solitude, Yukiteru began to imagine things like a friend called Deus Ex Machina who is apparently the Lord of Time & Space. Seeing Yukiteru's miserable state, Deus gives him a new ability. His diary will now record events that will happen in the near future. Yukiteru is then forced to participate in a game which the winner will become Deus's successor.

Wasn't going to watch this, but about 30 minutes ago I found out this was actually highly rated (probably the highest of the season) on several anime database sites and that people were saying Mirai Nikki has a lot in common with both Death Note and Deadman Wonderland. If it's anything like either of them then I can't miss out on it. So here I am currently downloading Static-Subs releases of the show. I'll have more to say about it whenever I actually get around to watching it.

Finally started watching this and damn this was awesome. It really is like a mix of Deadman Wonderland, Death Note, and Eden of the East. I enjoyed it so much I watched the five episodes that had aired so far back to back and now I can't wait for more to be released. Definitely an excellent show I'd recommend to others and likely the best of this season.

I was extremely excited when I heard the series was being produced and it's at the top of the shows i'm watching this season. It hasn't started off nearly as violent as I had hoped it would, but it should get better once shit starts to get more and more out of control. It's all about violence, and i'm all about violence, so it's a match made in the fiery pits of hell for me.

One thing i'm not quite understanding is how are people seeing similarities between this and death note? I keep seeing this said everywhere, so could someone please explain that shit?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard a little bit about Future Dairy, but I pretty much decided that I wasn't going to watch it because the MC sounded like a total looser, and I am not a huge fan of that archetype. Then I found out about Minene though, and she was so awesome, and I ended up reading the manga and I LOVED it, even though the ending is kinda stupid, but it makes up for it by being cool the rest of the time. When I finished the manga though, I was basically still in the mood for more Future Diary, so I went ahead and watched the episodes that had aired, and it was okay.

I still don't like the MC at all, but the concept of battle royale has always appealed to me, and the story does a good job of keeping itself different enough from other stories similar to it that it remains at least somewhat unique.

And of course, Yuno is Yuno, and she pretty much makes the story much of what it is. Such a... interesting... character (even though I'm not her biggest fan. I just like Minene a lot)

• 5 weeks later...

This is another one that I started watching and haven't gotten around to finishing, due to life though, not the quality of the anime. i LOVE this one. i love dark anime so i'm always eager to find a good one. though the main dude is kinda whiny... i still like it. the plot is really cool. must watch more!

oh and yuno is crazy as BALLS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Mixed feeling about this one.

On one hand, I really liked all the different characters apart from the main one, specially Akise Aru. That guy was awesome.

Now I was probably prepared for a kind of "deus ex machina" ending considering that the God's name is Deus Ex but the ending, to me was like a giant troll face.

Don't get me wrong, I loved this show all the way to Episode 23 and was eager to see how it'd come together at the end.

The result was ... disappointing. I dunno what I was expecting, that's one of the reasons I liked it so much but what I ended up getting in the end was just a troll face. Especially in the anime. For those who haven't read the manga, the production company didn't animate the last last 4 pages of the final chapter which concluded everything. (They must be planning an OVA or something)

Sadly though, even the manga end wasn't that impressive.

Again people, if you watch this show, you'll love it but just be prepared for all sorts of deus ex machinas and no proper resolutions for characters other than the two main leads.

My impression on this anime is very much mixed. This is one of the best animes i have seen so far, but also it is the most disturbing one too. I really couldn't get over the fact that Yuki and Yuno killed all their friends just to reach a successful conclusion. But anyway this anime proved to be a complete package of anime genres. You could find everything except Harem, Mecha and Sports here. Also one could find different types of characters here. There was the intelligent Akise, smart and confident Keigo, psychopath Yuno, idiot Yuki (though he became more manly later on), daredevil Uryuu, etc. So, yeah, some awesome and not so awesome characters could be found here. The ending of the anime was ok, infact i liked it better than the manga's (I didn't want Yuki and Yuno to have a happy life together, i wanted them to pay for their sins), but that's just my thought. Also i liked the fact that in the manga's ending Deus abolishes the tournament. So, in short Mirai Nikki is a pretty awesome anime with a few short comings, and one should try it out as soon as possible.

Edited by Leviathan