Do you watch OP & ED?

Katongo

Well if it's a new OP or ED I'll maybe watch it...once... I don't know. I find it hard to like OP/ED's. Sometimes they can be so bad (usually the ED) that I can't even go the whole way through. Now there are some OP/ED's that I like, but it's really rare.

Though if it's on TV I'll watch them both because I have nothing better to do lol.

Edited by lolrawr

I usually only watch them one or two times, mainly it is because I watch a whole series all at once, but every now and then I REALLY love the OP & ED and will watch it every time.

That's exactly the same as me! :horror:

Because I watch all my anime in bulk I can't be bothered watching the same OP/ED 20 or so times in a row. I'll watch it for the first few times (and again if there's a new OP/ED) And just like everyone else, if I find the OP/ED great, I'll watch it every time. Heck, I'll even download them if I really love it!

• Like 1

I usually only watch them one or two times, mainly it is because I watch a whole series all at once, but every now and then I REALLY love the OP & ED and will watch it every time.

That's exactly the same as me! :horror:

Because I watch all my anime in bulk I can't be bothered watching the same OP/ED 20 or so times in a row. I'll watch it for the first few times (and again if there's a new OP/ED) And just like everyone else, if I find the OP/ED great, I'll watch it every time. Heck, I'll even download them if I really love it!

LOL you said everything I wanted to say =D

Sometimes I just rewatch them for the effects rather than for the song =D

• 4 weeks later...

Oh man, the OPs are the best! I usually watch 4 normal-length anime episodes a night, and will always watch the intro for the first one, then skip it for the rest that night unless there's a new intro. I always download NCOPs and NCEDs when they are available. I frequently re-watch my favorites just for the nostalgia, and show them to friends as a means to introduce them to the anime.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends if i find the Music good or not. Openings like the ones from Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Ergo Proxy or the one from Spice and Wolf II i could watch for hours - the most important thing is for me is that the opening/ending has a perfect melodic harmony, otherwise i get quickly scared away from watching op/ed's :D

If I like the OP, then I will always listen to it as I get comfortable in my seat. I rarely listen to ED's (and when I do, it is only for the first 10-15 seconds), because once the episode ends, I tend to want to just get to the next episode or on with my life. And I usually prefer upbeat stuff to slower songs, and since OP's are meant to draw viewer's attention, they will have a faster pace, which makes me more inclined towards them than their ED counterparts (at least on the average).