Battle System!

^PiMpIn^

Yes the system isnt very satisfying Once you get the gambit system your basicly Not even Playing anymore! It does Everything for you! attacking,magic,items Everything! >:( >:(

I am really dissapointed , plus im stuck on the airship where you have to save ashe , and i have no items in my invetory :'(

Yes the system isnt very satisfying Once you get the gambit system your basicly Not even Playing anymore! It does Everything for you! attacking,magic,items Everything! >:( >:(

I am really dissapointed , plus im stuck on the airship where you have to save ashe , and i have no items in my invetory :'(

It's a matter on how you set the gambits, really. I've set mine to a way that they'll only do necessary things and let me do something. But I wouldn't matter much to me if they did everything, really. What matters for me is the plot... And for the sake of speeding the plot up, I got myself the Zodiac Spear early on, now I just one shot everything on my way. ><;

• 2 weeks later...

I, myself, LOVED!!! The new battle system because it was nice to take a break from the turn-based ones and try something new. It was confusing at first but I got the heck of it! I actually like the Gambits because you can command what you want your party members to do. This new battle system almost feels like an action battle system but it's better, I think lol...

I perfer to use active then wait and make the battle's faster... Some of the battles are hard but it's all about timing!

Guest Alchemist

While I do love turn based battle systems, the battle system in FFXII was a nice break from turn based gameplay. After you get the hang of it, and the use of gambits it becomes a fun battle system (At least IMO). Also, is it just me or is the battle system similar to a MMORPG?

• 2 weeks later...

While I do love turn based battle systems, the battle system in FFXII was a nice break from turn based gameplay. After you get the hang of it, and the use of gambits it becomes a fun battle system (At least IMO). Also, is it just me or is the battle system similar to a MMORPG?

Yeah, I (unfortunately) kind feel like I'm playing an MMORPG when playing FFXII because of the camera movement and the system...

I'm not got back to Raben..Rabenastre....I give up! I know what I mean. I just went against some mimic queen which was some big spider and we had to travel back. I just finished the part where Old Dalon asked to to give a sword to someone and Basch came with me again. So...I had 4 people at a time...and we just beat people faster. But....It's not all that fun to me still. I'll still play, but It's not as exciting to me as the old system. I haven't gotten any aoens neither. I wonder how you use them on here. o.O

I only have to esper's.. the one you get when you get the Dawn Shard, and the one with the Sword of Kings. I heard you can find some that aren't part of the actual story by doing more missions etc.. but Balfier's ship is broke and I can get to Lusu Mines to do one of the clan missions.

• 2 weeks later...

i liked the previous battle systems more... notice how long it took the person to attack in FFXII

u could literally run around for about 3 minutes before the dude would attack is f**kin ridiculous, i hate it completely

Thats is kinda sad if you had to do that. There is a little bar that has to be filled and if you are to far from the target it will not attack. I know it can be a hassle though. But the system takes getting used to. I personally would like a system like the FF7 Dirge of Cerberus to try out, but I like turn based system and continuous turned based as well.All depends on the person playing.

• 4 months later...

FFXII Battle System = Snoozefest.

I thought it didn't take much skill. You could go through the desert and simply just run around and kill enemies like that or with a boss, the gambits you applied simply did all the work for you with little intervention, meaning you just simply sat there and looked as you were being defeaten/victorious.

The battle system was similar to that of Grandia, in the case where you could freely run around and attack, but you had to make decisions every time the ATB gauge filled up. I liked that, it was a nice change from other RPG's such as Breath of Fire, earlier Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Guardian's Crusade etc. in which you just stood there and selected your choices. I guess it just kept me interested and on my toes.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...