Battle System!

^PiMpIn^

I myself didn't like the new battle system... all your doing as the person is running around pressing attack and waiting like 2 minutes for him to actually do that attack... otherwise graphix are outta this world and the storyline is awesome, just if the battling was like FF-X i'd be more happier playing the game!!

I just got Final Fantasy XII today. The story is good thus far, however the battle system just plain sucks. You select attack then you have to run around for about 30 seconds to let the gauge fill, then run to the enemy and attack then run away again and wait another 30 seconds to fill up.

The battle system involves alot of running around insanely and waiting. Therefore it just isn't good. And all the running around in circles made me get motion sickness so I stopped playing and got online.

How far have you playing into the game?

I have kept on playing and yes with what you said is true, the other features of fighting to at least me makes up for it.

You wait to attack with turn bases like the previous FF games so I really dont see what makes the new battle system so bad.

I dunno, it just didn't seem to take so long with the old ones. Or perhaps because you get to move around like an action game you feel like you should be able to attack like it. I would think it'd be better if they wish for us to move around to actually let us do what we want like in KH.

They say they want to make you feel like its realistic yet still have the fantasy theme going on. Well to start with they could take the attack limit off and let us attack ourselves when we press X?

I would have liked them to have made it more towards KH battle system as well but with you having to control more then one character at a time it would be a bigger strain to have it like KHs.

Trying to take the time to cast magic, attack, and stuff like that at the same time might not work out too well.