Random Talk.

Talena Mae

although i didn't look at it that way but still it will be a big loss if i let her go a way just cuz of that .. btw did you have that kind of experience ? but seriously why usually girls don't play games (well i believe everyone has his own free will) but it just bothers me

I do know a girl who games a lot, but will only play Kingdom Hearts and refuses to play anything else.

As for why girls don't game as much as guys, its because producers dont target girls as their audiences. Also many females dont like the manly shoot em up games that come out and seem to be the most popular.

Before I got Tomb Raider for free with my graphics card I hadn't played a fan servicey game in a long time. I stick to FPS titles because I like strategizing with/against people. I especially love the Battlefield series for the raw complexity of battles on there. There are so many factors to consider and watch that I could probably rewatch a match 12 times and not see every nuance. The challenge is to condense all that strategic information down into the best action to help my team while simultaneously aiming at the heads of my opponents. That's why I'm loving the idea of commander mode in BF4 being able to see a large strategic map of the battlefield to keep track of how each side is progressing live and affect it directly or subtly. I even got a tablet so I could be more effective if I'm ever commander :3. It's like a fast paced game of go. You need to have the clarity/experience to deal with individual fights expertly, but always keep an eye on your main objective and how your moves are affecting the larger board situation.

I don't think most girls I know would enjoy FPS like I do... Either they'd just get wrapped up in the individual fights part or they just wouldn't care for the whole thing. But the other games I think most of the other stuff I play would appeal to girls... Most notably:

1) Dust An Elysian Tail. It... really felt like I was playing through a shonen anime. I know shonen is aimed at guys, but just like a shojo tag doesn't stop guys from watching, shonen tags shouldn't stop girls.

2) To the Moon. Nobody knows what this is, but that's OK. It's got the most heart wrenching story and characters I've ever seen in a game. Heck... it beats out a lot of movies too. I don't think it can quite beat anime though.

3) Antichamber. Not even going to try to describe this, but who doesn't like a puzzle game? Also, just try to find fan service in this game I dare you.

4) The Longest Journey. I'm not a girl so I don't know how accurate this statement is, but this game really puts you into the main character's shoes (she's a girl) and I don't think there's another game out there with a more well developed female lead.

5) Bastion. There's no reason why this shouldn't appeal to every gender imaginable.

6) Bioshock. It's... difficult... to find fan service here, but I guess you could if you looked... hard... and it's got some amazing characters that everyone should fall in love with.

I could keep going but I have enough evidence now to make a point:

People are judging "gaming" mostly by AAA titles I think. That's like looking at only gaming desktop computers and complaining that they're all made for gamers and none of them cater to the casual user. But especially today more than ever before gaming is NOT the AAA titles. Yes, most of the games that make headlines are targeted toward a specific audience, but if you actually you know... play some games. You can find stuff like Papers Please. Which is a game where you're a border inspector inspecting people's papers. Nobody talks about it on the normal channels, but it's a surprisingly fun and human experience. Lots of developers think of women (or at the very least think asexually) while making their game. It's just not the developers you'd think. You're right to complain at the AAA corporations making games for their narrow focus, but that shouldn't stop you from playing games that aren't made by them. Notice that my list (arguably maybe) doesn't include casual games. People have begun to associate casual games (due mostly to mobile) with girls and so accuse girls of not being true gamers. I'm not just talking about casuals when I say that there are games out there that girls would enjoy immensely. The problem is really a social mindset that is old and needs to be torn down. People on both sides of the wall (gamers/non-gamers) both male and female can help with it :).

Related videos :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Rjy5yW1gQ

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/29/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-gaming-and-sex-but-were-afr/

wow! there are that much girls out there who play games! then why the hell it's hard to find one?

Just go to mediums where you can meet people who play games. Conventions, in game, game shops etc. I know a lot of females who play games, I have a couple who I do weekly DND with and several who I play Magic: The Gathering with. You just meet them if you go to places and want to play games.

Also as a fun fact, some studies say that the ratio of male to female gamers in the US is about 60/40, and that female gamers over 18 outnumber male gamers under 17.

Hey mid... I'm going to flash my grammar cop badge in your face and tell you to please reword that since I don't think anyone can make heads or tails of what you typed... I mean no offense just... ya... clear as the inside of a whale. Whatever that analogy means...

You know... there's another solution to this girls don't game problem... Instead of getting more girls to game, we could just convince tons of guys to leave gaming!

Hey mid... I'm going to flash my grammar cop badge in your face and tell you to please reword that since I don't think anyone can make heads or tails of what you typed... I mean no offense just... ya... clear as the inside of a whale. Whatever that analogy means...

so mean :too_sad: ,i am not a native speaker so i can't say\type everything correctly.beside that the english we learned from school are pullshit they barely taught us letters.how about trying to learn a new language other than yours  :mother-ficker was: 

You know... there's another solution to this girls don't game problem... Instead of getting more girls to game, we could just convince tons of guys to leave gaming!

you said it your self TONS of guys. there is no way that could happen although i am not against it

I will attempt a translation. "Do not assume that I am a geek! I am just saying that I see more guys playing games than girls." Or something to that effect.

And that could work, or we could also just stop producing games since there are figurative seas of games out there, and it will take millions of hours to complete them all. All the CoD fanboys/girls and other "casual" gamers (yes these are stereotypes, so sue me) will eventually stop playing after getting bored of the only series they touch. Then that leaves the die-hard gamers or casual gamers who turn into die-hard gamers after experiencing new games. Only those who loves games will remain, and we can be teased again for liking gaming. Also I might finally make headway into my Steam backlog

Game backlog what :D? I just cleared mine out. I happened to redeem the free games on my graphics card at the same time as the steam summer sale T_T. That resulted in like 3 free AAA titles I had to play through and a bunch of smaller indie games I bought from steam IN ADDITION to the stuff I was already playing before all this happened x_x. All in all, I think I had like... 8 games to run through. I finished them ALL!!! I'm back to just 1 game that I was playing before any of this happened and I'm slowly going through it now ^^. In between I'm playing some more BF3 to get my skills up to snuff for BF4 :3.

hahahah i just remembered a good trick i once did to one of my teachers in my last year in high school

ok it started when i for some reason i made my english teacher angry(well i don't remember what i did ^_^ ) anyway he started throwing bottles of water on me . anyway one of them hit and and made me wet.

just after that his wife called him and he got out for some minutes.it was the time for my Counter attack on him. i put some UNO cards in his book and some of my drawing . just as he finished with his call the the ring belled and the class was finished.so when the next class started he opened the book and my drawing and UNO cards fell from it and everyone was laughing. everyone told me i overdid it but in the end i wasn't satisfied.

i know this kind of story usually happened in movies and anime and hard to believe  but that's what happened to me that day FOR REAL

That does sound like it's from an anime. Wouldn't your teacher get in trouble for throwing bottles of water at you?

haahhahaha ... well me and the teacher were cool (somehow) so we usually take these stuff as joke.i mean our relationship isn't just a teacher and a student.well he is trying to be like a friend more or less .God how i mess this teacher

if i wanna get him into trouble i will just go to ministry of education directly

Edited by mid boss

Most female-identified people don't like to publicly identify as gamers because of the reactions it garners. There are more than a handful of anecdotes from people who use female avatars (who are male-identified in real life) and receive crass messages and propositions irrelevant to the game. They're also more likely to be looked down upon and treated as incompetent (consider the fact that "easy mode" on video games has been referred to as "girlfriend mode").

Then you have people who are quick to whip out the "fake gamer girl" card and subject them to a series of "tests" in order to verify their authenticity as a gamer, when most, if not all, male-identified players are not subjected to this.

"Oh, you only play the Sims/Farmville/Bejeweled? You aren't a REAL gamer." Even though a person who only plays old-school arcade and adventure games is still considered a gamer.

They're also often put on a pedestal at the expense of "other women". Simultaneously treated as "better than other girls" while being condescended to is a frustrating experience to say the least. The moment they show any signs of being like "other women" ("oh, you like makeup?" "you do your hair?" "you like romcoms?" "you have emotions?"), they're put down and reminded of their place.

tumblr_mpxlx2KGxZ1qfzp3lo1_500.jpg

http://dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/58344953500/shoomlah-bridgioto-theredmages

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/15/4622252/plague-of-game-dev-harassment-erodes-industry-spurs-support-groups

WOW! so many big words i barley understood it all (i wonder how will i keep up with my english)

"Oh, you only play the Sims/Farmville/Bejeweled? You aren't a REAL gamer." Even though a person who only plays old-school arcade and adventure games is still considered a gamer.

well that stuff happens to the guys as well but i guess it could be more affected to girls. it's not just happens in games it could happen in other stuff. i remember when i was like 8 years old i was watching a TV kids show and whenever my big brothers or sisters sees me watching they all like:it's piece of crap (how mean) it really affected me (looks like i changed the subject ^_^ )

They're also often put on a pedestal at the expense of "other women". Simultaneously treated as "better than other girls" while being condescended to is a frustrating experience to say the least. The moment they show any signs of being like "other women" ("oh, you like makeup?" "you do your hair?" "you like romcoms?" "you have emotions?"), they're put down and reminded of their place.

tumblr_mpxlx2KGxZ1qfzp3lo1_500.jpg

based on my experience (that is not that old) facebook and most of internet website (not all) can't be trusted 100%  .i don't say they are just rumors i mean that you have to rely and look for more trusted source like some governments websites or a statistical. believe me i saw books approved by governments full of lies

well i don't know exactly how female usually been dealt with cuz there are no females around playing however.... i believe it's all about trusting.

one of my friends was playing a game online i think it's Fiesta and there was a guy that was annoying him anyway he was angry on him that he hacked his account by using information that he gave it to my friend him self (well not direct info) my point is that you have to trust someone to tell him something big.especially if have feeling you are been targeted or something

(personal experience):i remember i was playing a game online and i talked with someone for sometime (like 15-20 min.... i know it's too much for a talk). anyway while talking i said to him: dude that's awesome. but his reaction was like: i am not a guy so you can stop calling me a dude)

my point is if i didn't talk to her so much that she could trust me she wouldn't have said she was a female

• 2 weeks later...