sad deaths?

shyguysteve

i haven't watched a lot of anime for a long time, i mostly watch naruto ship now.

the show has so much more drama, it makes me so sad to see so many awesome folks die.

almost cried when kakashi meets his dad and begins to tell him his life story... ah still gets me...

jiraiya... poor jiraiya... he was a simple old perv... who will finish the make out paradise books he started...?

anyway, what other sad deaths have you seen in an anime?

i looked for a thread like this, but there wasn't one specific enough to talk generally about sad deaths.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asuma Sarutobi was my favorite character who we where finally starting to learn about and they kill him off. Just like that, I see why they did but come one. He was the coolest adult character on the show. Surly there could have been at least a cooler way they could have killed him. I moped around for the rest of the night after that one

I'm judging the saddest by which ones I was teary eyed for even when I watch the scene again later... (most of the time they will also leave me in a melancholy place for the rest of the day)

There's only a couple but keep in mind I'm still a baby in the anime universe. lol

FMA: Hughes... he was just such a great character and I loved him dearly.

Code Geass: Lelouch... I had very mixed feelings about his character throughout the whole series. I just didn't know how to feel about him at all. While the 'deaths' (and there were plenty!) of characters like Sher, N, etc were saddening, I only really cried for Lelouch's end.

Blood +: Haji... *sniffle* Even though it looks like he isn't dead after all.

Romeo x Juliet: R&J... Even though I knew it was coming......

:too_sad:

• 2 weeks later...

... :too_sad: I'm starting to tear up even thinking about this stuff.

-Gaara's death, in Shippuden, after his demon is extracted.

-Maes' death in FMA, that was really sad and then I went and watched the commentary, and his voice actor is just like, "Honey...I'm gonna be a little late tonight." during that scene, so it made me laugh and cry at the same time.

-Cloud's 'death' in Advent Children the movie.

-and I know it's not technically an anime, but Axel and Zack's deaths in Kingdom Hearts II and FFVII: Crisis Core respectively, I cried so hard, I had to pause Kingdom Hearts so I could calm down.

:unhappy: Of course Hughes made me terribly sad!!

Death Note: L's death was horrible. I was totally not ready for it!! And Light's death killed me because of the shear violence, and way it was drug out. Actually most of the last few episodes where Matt, and Mello died too was hard. I'm a little bias for the Whammy Boys and Death Note though xP

Bleach: Grimmjowand Ulqiorra!! Though I haven't finished the series, so there are probably a whole lot more that will make me sad T-T

^^ Death Note and Bleach ^^ :cry:

EDIT:

Also Greed and Ed and Al's father, I can't think of his name at the moment, on FMA BROTHERHOOD! T-T

I'm starting to think some of you guys don't know the use of spoilers :anger:

Any ways, Naruto Shippuden during season 4

This was one of the most depressing moments I had ever seen in any anime series I did not actually think they would do but since they did away with the 3rd Hokage I should have expected it. The death of Asuma Sarutobi man this just struck me as a blow I wasn't expecting something like this to happen but what a trully sad death this was. Well atleast in the end Shikamaru avenged his fallen sensei. If they could do away with Asuma then I'm getting worried about who they might do away with next, hopefully not Sasuke or the others.