Something serious and Intelligent.

Diablo

I need some Anime which is serious and Intelligent. I'm kinda fed up of bombardment of Action and Comedy Anime. SO please suggest me some good Anime which has a serious topic and good storyline.

Kind of Animes I want:

Death Note

Elfen Lied

Code Geass

Spice and Wolf

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Based on these Animes I've watched, please suggest me some good Anime.

If you want something serious and intelligent then you should definitely check out

Death Note, this has became one of my all time favorite anime series of all time.

Yagami Light is an ace student with great prospects, who's bored out of his mind. One day he finds the "Death Note": a notebook from the realm of the Death Gods, with the power to kill people in any way he desires. With the Death Note in hand, Light decides to create his perfect world, without crime or criminals. However, when criminals start dropping dead one by one, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer, and a battle of wits, deception and logic ensues.

Dr. Tenma Monster, I've only watched 5 episodes of this series and I like it already.

Kenzou Tenma, a Japanese brain surgeon in Germany, had it all: incredible skill at his work, a rich and beautiful fiancee, and a promising career at his hospital. However, after becoming disenchanted by hospital politics, he chose to save the life of a young boy who got shot in the head over the life of the mayor. As a result he lost the support of the hospital director, as well as his position in the hospital and his fiance. A short time later, the hospital director and the doctors that replaced him were murdered, and once again he was catapulted back onto the top. But as the chief suspect of the murders, Tenma did not get a easy life. As a matter of fact, it seems that the boy he saved was much more than he had appeared to be... Now to clear his name and to correct his past mistake, Tenma must get to the bottom of these and other murders, and investigate the truth of the Monster who is behind all of this.

Judging from your initial list, I'd saw watch these -

1) Steins;Gate - On the same level as Death Note, if not higher.

2) Kamisama Dolls - May seems weird at first but it has a real nice story.

3) Higurashi When They Cry - A real mindfuck of an anime.

4) Serial Experiments Lain - Haven't seen much of it myself but it looks pretty damn cool.

5) Guilty Crown - If you loved Code Geass, you'll love this.

Has there been set a date on when it will be dubbed or no news yet?

And if this is better than Death Note I can't wait to watch it.

I haven't seen Steins;Gate myself yet but just be warned from what I've been told it was full of bad story telling with a lot of crappy deus-ex-machina and plot hole galore.

I haven't seen Steins;Gate myself yet but just be warned from what I've been told it was full of bad story telling with a lot of crappy deus-ex-machina and plot hole galore.

If you've seen Higurashi and you liked all the mindfuck in it, you'll love Steins;Gate.

As for plot holes, I've analyzed it over and over and have yet to find any. If anything, they spend a lot of time filling any possible plot holes.

And it's not a deus-ex machina either since you get to see the end at the beginning of the show.

I need some Anime which is serious and Intelligent. I'm kinda fed up of bombardment of Action and Comedy Anime. SO please suggest me some good Anime which has a serious topic and good storyline.

Kind of Animes I want:

Death Note

Elfen Lied

Code Geass

Spice and Wolf

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Based on these Animes I've watched, please suggest me some good Anime.

I'm confused. You want a serious and intelligent anime, but you want it to be like Death Note? or Elfen Lied? Sorry, but neither of those series are particularly serious or intelligent, they just try to be to appeal to a wider audience. (Also, calling Code Geass and NGO Intelligent is also a stretch...)

Go with Steins;Gate. It's the best I can do based on the anime you gave me as information.

I'm confused. You want a serious and intelligent anime, but you want it to be like Death Note? or Elfen Lied? Sorry, but neither of those series are particularly serious or intelligent, they just try to be to appeal to a wider audience. (Also, calling Code Geass and NGO Intelligent is also a stretch...)

Go with Steins;Gate. It's the best I can do based on the anime you gave me as information.

disagreed, death note is a totally intelligent anime!

Is this suppose to be a serious post?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Judging from the series' that you listed, I will say that Eden of the East and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex would probably fit best. Secondarily, I would suggest Monster and Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but both are slower paced than the aforementioned choices which seems to be what you're after.