Love

lemmingllama

I have loved the same person since I was the age of 13-14.

Over time, he has changed. Sometimes in big ways.

Not always for the best and not always for the worst.

Despite all these changes, in all the above mentioned by you,

I still love him very deeply. I've never felt what I do for him

for any other person before, after or during.

This is a complicated subject to me. I fell out of love with the person I wanted to be with most because of the way he treated me and I can never get it back. It kinda sucks but it hurt a lot to be with him. It wasn't till I fell out of love that he wanted me to stay. But it's too late.

On another note there's two men, a lot alike and I love them both in my heart forever. The first one was ever since I first laid eyes on him in grade 8. But over the years I just wish him happiness, the love for him is still there but I'm willing to let him go to someone else. Hes barely even a part of my life anymore and we never dated to begin with. The second one is still around, and unlike number 1 he wanted to date me for awhile. But I waited way to long and he made up his mind that he would only hurt me. I'm still very attached to him and just wish that we dated. It hurts to know everything was lost like that. I miss the way he hugged me. I don't want it to be lost forever.

I'm not sure if I liked them both because of the way they were similar, perhaps it was the help they gave me. I don't know.

Love is a complex emotion, no one truly understands how it is formed. Only that the physical manifestation of the emotion is caused by certain chemicals being released into the brain.

Is that all that love is then? A chemical reaction? I don't think so. I think that sexual attraction, something that can, and in most cases should play a part in love, is primarily a chemical reaction in the brain, but love is something far less tangible.

I've loved many times, each was special in their own way, just as each was different. Most we simply drifted apart. In two cases, they drove me away by being control freaks. Yet in only one case, have I been able to put my feelings into words.. "I love you" three little words that many say without meaning, many more mean without saying... I may not be able to vocalize them the same way others do... but that may be what truly makes them special to me..

Could I love another? I have before... Could I love another the same way? No, I couldn't.

Hmm... The person I love, I love more for his personality... He is kind, funny, smart... No matter how much he hurts me I will always love him. I have opened up to him more then anyone else I have met, I think the same goes for him... He does not judge me, nor I him...

There can be no other like him, some my look or sound like him, but inside they would be different... thus I will only love him, not some meer look alike.

It is indeed a tough question, but if you look at it in this way it may help or not. What makes that person unique there physical structure- what the look like, there personality - by definition Personality is the set of characteristics that each person possess basically there behavior, and/or there Characteristics - your inner self.

Character is objective while personality is subjective. Character is something within you and is always there, for example, morals. On the other hand, one’s personality can and may change at some point in life. But then again there maybe other many things that make a person unique and any little thing, know matter how small will affect your feels towards that person.

Well, I love my family; if you're talking about that love then I don't think I need to justify. But if you're talking about that love, then yeah, it's one of the worst things that can happen within a relationship (or maybe without relationships). People do stupid things, say stupid things, etc. when they're in love. Anyways, I'm currently in a relationship and I really, really like the girl, but not love her. The same way she does.

• 1 month later...

I think love just might be title we use to justify attachment. There are many aspects that people can have that make you like them, but its the people you love that are the ones that you want to be with. Family is a good example, since from the moment you are born, you are with them. This automatically gives you an incredibly strong feeling of attachment, that is almost impossible to sever. I think that might be what we call unconditional love.

The things that bother people in love the most are usually stuff that involves being apart from one another. Death is a big thing, but also divorce, kids moving away from home, switching schools, turning into a long distance relationship, military deployment, ect. Love isn't some magical feeling, its just when you don't want to be without them or it in your life.

I remember back when I was 15 there was this girl I went to secondary school with and I liked her quite a lot we got quite close but never to the point that I felt I was actually in her life, a lot like the second story in 5 centimeters per second where Kanae likes Takaki but she never reveals her love to him that's exactly what my situation was. That movie always brings back good and bad memories.

Unluckily we chose different colleges (16-18 schools) which are quite far apart so she had to move closer to be accepted. Every now and again I think of going to see her but the idea that she might have forgotten me just seems too painful to even think of. It's one of those moments where you think is life like a movie or is it cruel and hurtful, will it be like it used to be or has she moved on.

I still wonder whether it was love or just a wanting for love, maybe the feeling has been lost in translation over the years. At least telling someone has helped.