30+ people watching Anime: Is it weird?

xNoName

Personally, I never found it weird and I know I never would, just because of the simple fact that it is not weird. A person can spend his time however he wants, irrespective of his age. Anime may be moderately judged by the society, but it does not mean it's childish. Hell, some series have got more violence than any of the movie.

Spending all your time on it is quite a different story, though. It's only when you let it consume most of your your life that I find the oddity of the situation.

All those who say people who watch anime are weird truly have never watched it. I mean what the hell is wrong with watching it, it doesn't harm you in any sort of way. And to add insult to injury they keep saying anime is thesame as cartoons, it's like saying chicken is beef. I frankly never cared what anyone says when I watch anime, in the end I'm enjoying my self while your just sitting their in envy.

All those who say people who watch anime are weird truly have never watched it. I mean what the hell is wrong with watching it, it doesn't harm you in any sort of way. And to add insult to injury they keep saying anime is thesame as cartoons, it's like saying chicken is beef. I frankly never cared what anyone says when I watch anime, in the end I'm enjoying my self while your just sitting their in envy.

I agree with Dan Den here

Personally I'll watch anime till I die or till the storylines make utterly no sense at all.

If someone tells me I'm weird I'll just say Eff you and walk off lol.

Tbh I perfer anime over real shows anyday,Real shows are mostly overrated with Drama,boring scenes,Fights aren't as exciting...I just think they just can't compare if you've watched alot of anime.

I think XNoName answered his own thread question right at the start. It ain't weird, as long as your positively progressing in life and being a good citizen/person.

My close group of friends don't know that I started following Naruto and Bleach long after DBZ, can they tell? Hell no! Why? Because I'm still the same person. I didn't start growing my hair to look like Itachi Uchiha/looking emo or start liking petit girls who look like Rukia Kuchiki/supposedly sad looking girls. It's not a major part of my life so I don't know if I'll still be following series in my 30s.

When anime starts consuming your whole life, I'd have to say that's a problem because I don't think that person would be positively progressing in life, e.g. no relationships since high school, same job since high/post-high school, etc and etc.

Then again, I don't know anyone who spends way too much time on the whole Otaku stuff so what do I know?

Well considering that most the people that actually make the animes are 30 or older, I don't see much of a issue but I understand the strain sometimes people go through on this subject, depending more or less where you live and who you hang out with. For me for example, I'm still in my twenties but sometimes I feel a little ashamed when people who aren't connected to anime at all come into my room (which looks like a booth a komikon seriously xD) and stare at all the posters, mangas and other collectibles with that look like "...okay, you like cartoons, great.." Of course I always try to explain to those people that animation also exists for an older and more mature audience, still for some reason it's a hard message to convey when you got your wall covered with cute posters from onegai twins =P

Whatever, i like what i like, can't be helped. They're the weirdos in my view, its all a matter of perspective.

When anime starts consuming your whole life, I'd have to say that's a problem because I don't think that person would be positively progressing in life, e.g. no relationships since high school, same job since high/post-high school, etc and etc.

Then again, I don't know anyone who spends way too much time on the whole Otaku stuff so what do I know?

What do you consider a relationship? Because I never dated IN highschool. And I don't plan to date until I am financially stable and capable of doing so. Because...no offense to anyone, but...Dating is expensive, gifts, meals, etc. Does this make me a burden on society?

Watching cartoons, reading comics, playing video games...

Everyone has done it at some point in their lives.

If 30+ people can create those cherishable things and make them so wonderful...

Then why can't others who are 30+ sit back and enjoy those creations?

An interest or hobby. Everyone, no matter the age, as the right to have one.

What do you consider a relationship? Because I never dated IN highschool. And I don't plan to date until I am financially stable and capable of doing so. Because...no offense to anyone, but...Dating is expensive, gifts, meals, etc. Does this make me a burden on society?

Indeed, and isn't the whole purpose in life to find happiness now I don't see how having to worry about money all the time will make you happy, you have the right idea going on enjoy your youth you only live once. Unless you believe in reincarnations.

Lol, to those who said "post if you are against this topic", unfortunately I don't think anyone who hate anime would join any anime forums so therefore no one to defend the peoples who hate anime.

If you ask me, does it really matter if someone was 30+ and still watch cartoons or anime? So what is so wrong with that, it is just be the same as saying aren't you a bit too old to watch this R+ movie since you're 30+, and the same with aren't you too old to be playing games.

Anime is good and so even 30+ people are able to enjoy it. Plus 30 isnt really that old. I could see a 60+ thread being created and I would agree that it is weird. I recently tried to get my parents to watch Death Note, but it never happened...

Atleast you family tried, everyone in my family except my little brother calls me mentally un-stable for watching cartoons *damn noobs don't know the difference between cartoons and anime* but I keep tying with no hope someday the world will understand anime.

Or they just luck the superior intellect to understand anime.