What Games Are You Currently Playing?

Koby

On 6/5/2024 at 10:41 AM, Koby said:

even Remake was feeling way too fillerish with it's 40 hour runtime as they attempted poorly to pad it out.

If Remake felt padded to you then it's already over. Rebirth certainly has its moments, but you need to wade through waist-deep slop to get there. The tonal whiplash between high-budget scenes and talking to run-of-the-mill NPCs is brutal. From what little I know about your gaming tastes, I think you're going to struggle with Rebirth when you get around to it. My advice would be to beeline the main story content & ignore most sidequests. There are these things called proto-relic quests...I'll admit that I found those somewhat entertaining & I would recommend at least attempting them. Just skip them if you think they suck.

On 6/5/2024 at 10:41 AM, Koby said:

They advertise it as a 100+ hour game

It's a 20 hour game with 80 hours of the same 5 map icons repeated on each map segment. In fact, I'd say that 20 hours is really stretching just how much of the game could be considered "mainline." Between 10 - 15 is more realistic if you're counting the genuine meat of the game.

A non-spoiler example would be Kalm. I think we all know that's the first town you go to following Midgar. The game starts with ~45 minutes of real stuff going on, before you get a map littered with exclamation points & icons to spend 6+ hours on before going to the Chocobo Farm/Migar Zolom. I don't hate the game, I'm just really disappointed that SE has taken the lowest road possible.

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance came out June 13th so I've been playing it since then. I had played roughly 27 hours of the vanilla version of the game on Switch, but this go around I'm playing it on PC and obviously had to start over. I'm nearly 20 hours into it now and still quite a ways off from being where I had made it to on the Switch version. I doubt I'll finish this game by July 5th, especially considering it has two routes and a total of 6 endings. I plan to only play the two routes though and forget about the other 4 endings because there is simply no way I'll have any desire to replay through the game a total of 6 times... that's rather ridiculous. Maybe I can save scum the 4 endings on Creation route at least? Idk, but I know for sure that to unlock the final fusion requires at least 3 full playthroughs with specific endings.

Anyways regardless of where I'm at in the game, the plan is to put it on hold come July 5th to play Trails Through Daybreak when it releases and then return to Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance after.

With July 4th coming up pretty soon, I have a little tradition I do to get myself into the patriotic mood.  I do a replay of Medal of Honor for PS1 and Medal of Honor Frontline for PS2.  I've always felt like I was the odd man out since when it comes to WW2 shooters everyone usually goes for the OG CoD but I've always loved Medal of Honor ever since playing the original.  

After I get that out of the way, I'll be doing a replay of Kingdom Come: Deliverance to prepare myself for Kingdom Come 2 which is supposed to come out later this year.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I've been having at it with War Thunder since August 6th.

After a year of Kiseki games (totaling up to 5), I find that blowing shit up in a tank (or a plane) feels like a lovely change of pace.  Too bad it's one of those F2P games, like World of Tanks; I have spent some money, a little too much money, to get some GE's (Gold Eagles) and buy some American tanks.....when, really, the point is to work your way through a country's tech-trees, to earn your keep.  Honestly, even if the process is arduous, working your way through a tech-tree is quite rewarding.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished Trails Through Daybreak the other day and I said I wouldn't start another game because it's only a few weeks until Final Fantasy XVI comes out on PC and I still have Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance to finish up as well, but I wasn't feeling like jumping back into that one knowing I didn't have time to actually finish it up right now especially with the 6 different endings across two different routes ordeal so I was looking through my backlog of games and noticed that Drakengard 3 is actually a fairly short game and seeing as how I played the first two way back in the day on the PS2, I figured I could go ahead and have some fun and knock it off the list before September 17th. So yeah now playing that one. Eventually I'll get to the two NieR games that spun-off from the series.

• Like 1