How Did You Get Into Final Fantasy?

Koby

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I got into FF with FFIX after getting my PS1 after the Dreamcast died out, yeah a late comer for sure but i went on to play all of them after that, starting with IX is an interesting experience as it references alot of the previous games so when i went to play the other games i'm remembering IX everywhere i go  :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My sister loved FFVII; she convinced me to watch the Advent Children movie, then play the original game. (I think it's pretty common most people found out about the whole FF franchise because of FFVII. XD )

Anyways, after that I began to get curious about the other final fantasy games, then it just kind of took off from there. Now I've played FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFXII, and all associated games of FFVII. I'm meaning to get around to playing FFVI sometime in the future too.

Edited by seset

I got into Final Fantasy when I was really little. I can kind of recall being let into my brother's room and then play FFI, FFII(IV) & FFIII(VI). He was kind of a brat back then, the cost of entry to his room was candy so I had to give up whatever Halloween candies I had usally so i could get in to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My friend made a really cool drawing in middle school and I asked him what it was. After telling me about it, he showed me and told me about Final Fantasy 7, then let me borrow his game and his memory card so I could check it out.

I still have my own perfect condition copy of the game even today and play it on my PSP once in a while.

My big brother was a huge fan of the series, he was always in his room playing FF VII when I was still a toddler. I watched him play it a lot, and I didn't really understand it too much but I liked it anyways.

One day he allowed me to play it. I didn't understand the storyline too much, I was only 8 or so at the time. I still enjoyed it though since it had a complex system of combat (for its time) and I liked configuring everything.

Since then I've played several more Final Fantasy games but I think my favorite will always be FF IX.

Around 12 years ago I bought Final Fantasy VIII in Woolworths when they were having a sale, i'd never played a Final Fantasy before that, so didn't know anything about it when i bought it. One of the main reasons for buying it at the time was because it had 4 discs and i figured it would take a long time to complete, lol.