Druggies

failedhornet

Well, i'm in college and truthfully speaking, just about everyone here has done weed and some of these guys are some of the most creative people i have ever met.

If you're talking about it as an addiction, then yeah, it's not gonna do anyone good if you're spacing out in your room for 20 hours a day but if it's in the sense of trying something new and hanging out with your buddies then yeah, it's cool.

My first week here, I was with some buddies who drank - not a lot but drank. I've never touched alcohol all my life and I didn't that night and sure enough, it was a little odd later on being the only 100% sober guy at the table.

I neither condemn alcohol/weed nor do i praise it. If a guy wants to do it, then it's his/her god given choice. Stay out of it.

u forgot one thing its illegal. and if someones doing it on my street i wouldn't like it one bit.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I'd like to do a little clarification before I start, that when I refer to drugs or druggies I'm not referring at all to weed or stoners, but stuff like crack cocaine, meth, heroin, MDMA (ecstacy), PCP, etc.

To those who say that as long as the user isn't harming society aren't doing anything wrong are imho misinformed since it's deeper than just society. Sure the person could be lazy as in not working a stable job just because they cant stop sniffing that powder, injecting that heroin, etc, but what about the family? My mom is a heroin/meth addict (and I'm thankful she didn't use that until after my sister and I were born) and while she never robbed a store or held someone up at gunpoint for drug money I can also say I never had a "normal" childhood or a "normal" family growing up. Honestly the drug use tore my family apart, which still hasn't recovered to this day because my mom was too selfish and wanted "to have fun" and abdicating her responsibilities as a parent. She didn't care if we were almost out of food and had nothing to eat for the other half of the month or if our water and electricity was about to be turned off, as long as she got high that's all that mattered to her. As long as she got her fix she was fine for the next few days until she ran out. I went back and forth between parents for 15 years after the divorce, and if it wasn't for my mom moving in with my grandparents because she couldn't keep a job and couldn't keep off the drugs I would've went hungry even more than I did at times.

Sure you can say she never directly "hurt" society but that still doesn't change the fact that it affects a lot of people. Myself, my father, my sister, my nephews and nieces, my grandparents, it affects more than some think. From my experience "druggies" in a sense are really selfish, dishonest people because they don't care about their actions or who it affects, as long as they get "high" everything is fine for them. They'll steal from family and not think twice, something that has happened to me a lot, as long as they pawn it off for drugs it's not wrong to them.

There is no responsible drug use in sense of most illegal drugs, its not for medicinal reasons and it does nothing to serve or prevent a medical condition. Since I know it's going to come up despite my disclaimer at the beginning I think Marijuana does in fact have legitimate medicinal qualities and I believe it should be legal since it's really not harmful and has a very low addiction potential. I personally don't use marijuana myself but I have no problems or complaints about those that do (except for those that drive stoned >_>).

For those who used drugs in the past but have quit have my utmost respect as it's often not an easy habit to break. I've had a few friends that have managed to quit the habit, but sadly I've known more that wouldn't and no longer associate with them. I can say because of my mother I will never use drugs because I never want to be anything remotely like her and not to mention I've had one too many loony neighbors that never came back from their drug induced trips (this of course is a another story).

"There's only two kind of people in this world that are against drugs: people who have never done drugs, or people that really sucked at doing them. If you have a problem with drugs then please, go to your homes, take out all the cd's of that music that "enhanced your lifes" and burn them. Because those musicians that made them...were *really* fucking high on drugs. " - Bill Hicks

I've done everything there is except for the ones you have to go to mexico to get them, and I never robbed, stole, rapped or done anyone wrong, but I do agree that most addicts sooner or later lose their perspective and do things they shouldn't, but its all about having a little sense of balance, moderation and morality. When I do feel I need to take the edge off I do it, and then I go through withdrawal by choice because I'm well aware about my health and that there is a tolerance level to everything you do. I'm not advocating its use, but people need to stop blaming the substances but rather the judgment of the people that go haywire on them, because there's a really wide gray area in this matter, but the point is not too generalize but learn to respect people's choices.

You wanna know something guys? Power and greed are also an addiction, and as we speak it becomes more rampant and ruthless...and worst of all, revered. Sure, a homeless heroin addict to you might seem like a waste of a life, but to me that person still ranks a notch higher than some wall-street paper-pushing punk that thinks he'll be able to breathe with just oil as he signs a contract to burn half the amazon for IKEA furniture. We're all addicted to something, be it to a rigid discipline of self-control or a lack of one. I prefer to wander in between both, but no I don't care that few people share this philosophy, I wouldn't expect them to either way.

There is nothing wrong with certain drugs like weed and alcohol. I live in Spain, and the laws here are so lax when it comes to weed that people smoke it in the street. I've tried it, I've got drunk before, and meh. Nothin wrong with it imo. Unless of course said smokers and drinkers get out of hand.

As for harder drugs like the before mentioned crack, smack, mdma and the likes, depending on your definition of druggie. Do you mean the average joe that does a bit of coke on the side (of which I know a lot of) or do you mean the psychoaggresive, theiving violent bastards? If it is the latter, then I do believe that governments should create more facilities to help them, as many are forced into through poverty, trafficking and etc. A lot of the "discarded generation" have turned to drugs out of neccesity, to get away from a life that has let them down, others cause they think it is cool and a quick way to get money. Again, I know alot of these types as well and can safely say that modern consumer society is at the root of the problem. After all, the rich get richer while the poor get high.

I understand both views on how you should mind your own business and how it is still an illegal item so therefore should be stopped or reported because we're not thinking about the fact that certain dealers target children. Ones that don't know their limit or what they are even taking. Even allergies are at times, yet to be discovered. It used to happen here all the time at my old primary school when I was 5 and onwards. Now police walk up and down the gates as security guards most the day because a child ended up dying from taking a pill they shouldn't have.

"There's only two kind of people in this world that are against drugs: people who have never done drugs, or people that really sucked at doing them. If you have a problem with drugs then please, go to your homes, take out all the cd's of that music that "enhanced your lifes" and burn them. Because those musicians that made them...were *really* fucking high on drugs. " - Bill Hicks

I've done everything there is except for the ones you have to go to mexico to get them, and I never robbed, stole, rapped or done anyone wrong, but I do agree that most addicts sooner or later lose their perspective and do things they shouldn't, but its all about having a little sense of balance, moderation and morality.

Funny you mention Bill Hicks, he was actually an advocate for Marijuana, he himself said, "Alcohol and cigarettes kill more people a year then heroin, crack, and cocaine combined." Ironic that he is dead from his use of cigarettes. Also, I do not think you're taking into account the pregnant mothers who abuse drugs, what of their fetus? It is the child's fault that their parents decided to abuse drugs while they were developing? Certain drugs can never be done in moderation! Every addict starts out that way, and eventually they fly off the handle like everyone else. Others are hurt in the crossfire of people who are bona fide addicts. A girl is shot on a street corner while playing outside due to someone ripping someone else off for drugs; where is her justice in your philosophy?

Ok...even though you clearly responded to Indy's post where he mentioned weed and nothing about other drugs...and why are you against the recreational use of marijuana ?

cos drugs are for losers. I don't know of one admirable person who takes drugs.

Also, the thing about drugs is that one often leads to another as the user seeks an ever greater 'high'.

cos drugs are for losers. I don't know of one admirable person who takes drugs.

Also, the thing about drugs is that one often leads to another as the user seeks an ever greater 'high'.

I thought this was a board for serious discussions.I can name at least 5 famous who have had an impact in this world who have used drugs A LOT. Also it's not a fact, and hasn't been proven that drugs (weed) make people want a greater high, it really depends on the person.

I thought this was a board for serious discussions.I can name at least 5 famous who have had an impact in this world who have used drugs A LOT. Also it's not a fact, and hasn't been proven that drugs (weed) make people want a greater high, it really depends on the person.

i concur. like i said in my first post here, taking weed, drugs or any other shit doesn't mean that a guy/gal is a dumb asshole waiting for the next dosage.

like i said, these are some of the most creative minds i've ever met BECAUSE they aren't afraid of trying new things. if someone tells them "that shit is bad", they don't take the guy's word for it, they experiment for themselves.

it's extremely hypocritical when people who've never taken drugs in their lives come on and start harping about how bad it is and how the guys who take it are losers.

I admire none of those people. I can appreciate what they have accomplished, but I do not admire them.

Besides, the real people who suffer from drugs are not the user's themselves. After all, they're the ones getting 'high' out of it. The one's who suffer are their friends and family.

Not to mention terrorist cells and organised crime funded by the selling and producing of drugs. Thousands of people have died in drug related conflicts, I may not take drugs myself (I'm far too full of myself to them:)) but I know that drugs hurt more people than they have saved with 'enlightenment'.

I admire none of those people. I can appreciate what they have accomplished, but I do not admire them.

Besides, the real people who suffer from drugs are not the user's themselves. After all, they're the ones getting 'high' out of it. The one's who suffer are their friends and family.

Not to mention terrorist cells and organised crime funded by the selling and producing of drugs. Thousands of people have died in drug related conflicts, I may not take drugs myself (I'm far too full of myself to them:)) but I know that drugs hurt more people than they have saved with 'enlightenment'.

Of course I agree with you there, but I was just saying you can't label all people who do drugs 'losers' and I was pointing out that there isn't a reason why weed should be looked down on.