digital or retail

Leviathan87

digital or retail  

17 members have voted

1. 1. digital or retail

• Digital
    • Retail

I agree with Koby whats the point of buying it digital if you could just download it for free.

I on the other had buy all my *stuff you mentioned* in retail. All the anime I buy I already have a digital copy of them, I just buy the anime DVD/BOX SETS to support the company that made them and to show how much I enjoyed the series, After I buy the anime sets I never open the box I just keep them on display in their original box set and plus I don't have a Blu-ray player to play most of the series I have but I plan on buying one this December.

I chose retail because it's always nice to have a something physical when you buy something, but honestly digital is the cheapest way to go (even when you're not pirating). Steam is a great example, steam has ridiculous deals for new and old games from time to time, you just have to be patient. And as for music (again non-pirated) I-tunes, Zune, or whatever else you use is still way cheaper in the fact that you can buy individual songs instead of the full CD.And for movies, well I can't really comment on it since I really can't remember the last time I actually bought one.

Personally, I prefer retail. Saves space on my computer and if it crashes or blows up, I won't be losing anything of value on it.

Well you should really get your self an ezternal hard drive, it would really help you out when your compuer crashes. If your going to get a drive get atleast a 1Tb drive.:greedy:

Say you bought the CD on iTunes, or say you bought the actual CD in the store. The iTunes purchase is only a digital copy, but the CD purchase you get the case and the actual disc.

Oh okay I got it now, by the way is downloading anime online legal {from this forum for example}??

& if it's illegal there is no way they can catch you right??

• 1 month later...

I accidentally voted for digital, because I'm a dork. But I like having a hard copy of a CD or DVD. Especially for CDs, because I love looking through the artwork and lyrics. And like Koby said, if I wanted digital, I'd pirate it. For music, I usually do, then if I like the album well enough, I buy a hard copy. The same is true for some movies, but for others, the movies are hard to find because they're foreign.

• 5 weeks later...