Latest Naruto Manga Discussion [Spoiler]

Kyo

wouldnt itachis eyes be in bad condition then? lol, it seems that the closer we try to get to tobis true identity, the farther we become.

Actually...YOU'RE COMPLETELY RIGHT! Good news, you're the second person to trip me up regarding Naruto trivia. Yes, Itachi was practically blind (I don't think a literal 100% blind, but he was only able to see blurs by the time he died). So then, with that in mind, it looks like swapping Mangekyou eyes cures blindness too.

didnt this also happen to sauske too while he fought kakashi? sauske started to see things blurry, and he could no longer use susano, his eyes didnt look sharingan anymore either.

and also, correct me if im wrong (you can assume i love saying this, lulz), but does it really say that madara went completely blind when he stole his brothers eyes, or did it say that his eyes progressed until they were nearly blind, and at that time he stole his brothers eyes?

didnt this also happen to sauske too while he fought kakashi? sauske started to see things blurry, and he could no longer use susano, his eyes didnt look sharingan anymore either.

and also, correct me if im wrong (you can assume i love saying this, lulz), but does it really say that madara went completely blind when he stole his brothers eyes, or did it say that his eyes progressed until they were nearly blind, and at that time he stole his brothers eyes?

He went blind first, then took the eyes. There was no reason for him to take the eyes otherwise.

Wait...what? Shikaku Nara wants to use the Flying Thunder God Technique? I thought that only the Fourth Hokage could use that! It was the jutsu that made him so famous and so feared, so, if someone else knew it, it should have been mentioned well before now.

Why does it take three people to do it now? Why is it that Kakashi and Jiraiya have never been seen using it?

God...this is what I hate. Retcons. This is supposed to be one continuous story, going from start to finish. Yet, Kishimoto is unable to remember important details like this. His problem is that two of the Kage are stuck miles from the battlefield and are unable to get to there in time. Well, his solution is to just rewrite history it seems!

Gotta say though, having all five Kage at the end...bitchin'!

It was never said that only the fourth could use the technique only that he invented it and mastered it meaning he was the only one who could do it alone. Minato passed the technique on to his special guards, Genma Shiranui, Raidō Namiashi and another shinobi, however all three's powers combined are needed to perform the technique. To do so, they form a triad with one another touching each others' index, middle and thumb fingers. This not only completes the technique but also, allows them to seemingly transport anything within the confines of the ring, without the need for direct contact. As they are now the guards of the Fifth Hokage, Tsunade has been marked with the technique formula.

It was never said that only the fourth could use the technique only that he invented it and mastered it meaning he was the only one who could do it alone. Minato passed the technique on to his special guards, Genma Shiranui, Raidō Namiashi and another shinobi, however all three's powers combined are needed to perform the technique. To do so, they form a triad with one another touching each others' index, middle and thumb fingers. This not only completes the technique but also, allows them to seemingly transport anything within the confines of the ring, without the need for direct contact. As they are now the guards of the Fifth Hokage, Tsunade has been marked with the technique formula.

Okay, I agree that it was never explicitly said in black and white that only Minato can do the Flying Thunder God. The problem is that it was the technique that made him famous. Forget Rasengan, both Jiraiya and Naruto can do that. The Flying Thunder God was Minato's and Minato's alone. If he had taught it to others (albeit needing three people to do it instead of one), it should have been used much earlier in the story. For example, the three guards could have used it to teleport to help the Third Hokage in his fight against Orochimaru (although what help they actually would have been is debatable).

As for the newest chapter, what a way to end on a cliffhanger. Naruto runs face first into Tobi and you can see the mask has cracked. But damn! No chapter next week! This can only mean that Tobi's face will be revealed next chapter.

EDIT: Imagine if in the next chapter, the mask falls off and Tobi's face is revealed...only for nobody and I mean nobody to recognise him? Wouldn't that be ironic! ^^

"Okay, I agree that it was never explicitly said in black and white that only Minato can do the Flying Thunder God. The problem is that it was the technique that made him famous. Forget Rasengan, both Jiraiya and Naruto can do that. The Flying Thunder God was Minato's and Minato's alone. If he had taught it to others (albeit needing three people to do it instead of one), it should have been used much earlier in the story. For example, the three guards could have used it to teleport to help the Third Hokage in his fight against Orochimaru (although what help they actually would have been is debatable)."
The problem there is that Tsunade's slug had to create the receiving sign (like the tags on the fourth's special kunai) to teleport the mizukage. Since the 3 anbu guys helping the third hokage couldn't communicate with him, they couldn't tell him when to form the sign. Because of this, they couldn't jump without guarantee there was somewhere to go, and the third couldn't wait for reinforcements in such a high-stakes battle. Further, with all the reinforcements inside the barrier, the sound 4 who were making it would have no reason to maintain it. Thus further increasing the oppositions (at least numerical) strength.

Granted, the manga never explicitly shows Tsunade's slug forming the sign to receive the jutsu, but they did go into some detail discussing the necessity of it.

Also, the line along the mask that appears to be a crack is also visible on that page before Naruto and "Madara" butt heads, so I don't think they will reveal him until either undead Madara is on his deathbed (seal bed?), or until "Madara" makes true on his promise to pit Sasuke and Naruto against each other.

ya, now he sais people should call him tobi again, man, i really dont know what to think anymore, its soo confusing lol, im just gonna call him tobi, and at this point, with all the discussion, i wonder who he turns out to be, i wonder if he ends up being a known character, an unknown one, i even wonder hes even going to be an uchiha.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems as though tobi is a construct of madara's (since madara knew about the "fake" madara). Be it some weird zetsu body with sharingan, or maybe his real body with an artificial soul? Either way, tobi seems as fed up with the debate as everyone else, not caring what hes called anymore. Names at this point are sort of irrelevant, since his objective is so close at hand. The identity thing is most likely a parallel situation to nagato's lie to naruto during the pein invasion arc. He lied about them being able to understand eachother, having pupilled under the same teacher. Most likely, tobi will have some ace up his sleeve, but actually get revealed before he's through.

As much as I dawdle on the tobi debate, my real interest lies in the lesser seen characters, like the other jinchuriki's abilities, which of the seven swordsmen remains, and what happened to kakuzu when tobi interrupted his sealing with the demonic outer paths statue.

567 is up guys and sasuke shows up lol http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/97848931/1

...reason they showed Sasuke (and in colour)....none what so ever...its like a teaser for the sasuke fans.

Personally I wouldn't mind not seeing him LOL.

All in all I liked this chapter...it gave you some juicy entail on the tailed beasts :P hehehe I think the 9 tails is giving Naruto a chance ;) nudge nudge wink wink! :happy: