Yu-Gi-Oh! - Epic Tournament #2 [Winner: L&S]

Koby

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has almost been going on for a month, I think it's clear who is not going to show up and a time limit should be placed. All matches that are uncontested after this time should not count towards or against anything.

Points to my last post. ^^^

It seems I'm not the only one thinking this has gone on way too long. I know part of it's my fault for not setting any time lines originally and such, but the biggest portion of the blame should be placed on those who have failed to show up for their duels or ignored all contact. I almost have half a mind to not allow no-shows to enter future tournaments unless they had a valid reason for it.. but I don't like to be too strict on it... in reality we really could use more activate duelists for stuff like this.. As it stands I'm going to have to cut the next round shorter by eliminating down to a lower number as to prevent just everyone who completed a duel from moving on by default due to the amount of disqualification or quitters we've had. ><

Speaking of robzombie and samurai_lord, I just checked and apparently both of them haven't been on DN for over 15 days! O.O WTH?!

While on here at kametsu, their last activity was around a couple of days ago.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say they really were ignoring you.... :S

But seriously you guys, if you no longer have any interest to take part then just freaking say so! >.>

In actuality you both have only dueled once and lost while the other 3 victories were merely defaults via dropouts. (which includes my victory over samurai_lord btw)

So yeah, aside from them the only remaining members taking part are no more than 10. So I think the next round should be cut down to top 6 at least. :/

Okay Preliminaries are now over as I stated I'd end it now a couple days back. Any matches not finishes were changed to 0-0 and set as a Tie so it wouldn't add any points or anything. Seeing as when it came down to the end we only had a total of 10 members remaining... and my original plan was to cut at least 4 from this round.. the finals consist of the top 6. The match ups were randomized by the Challonge system.

You can view the final bracket by clicking here or viewing the image below (which has also been added to the first page.

kametsu-ygo2f.png

Please get in contact with your opponents asap. In matches aren't completed within a week, whoever it was holding the competition back will be disqualified. I am hoping to have this whole thing done before the end of the month.

Why is it top 6, when 4 works out so much better? And why wasn't I seed 1?

I had originally planned for up to 12 people to make it. Only eliminating 4 people. The Preliminaries was more of just a fun round to ensure everyone got to play everyone. The problem is, 6 people ended up eliminated due to either quitting or disqualification.. which left 10 people. So I just cut 4 people as originally intended and left it at 6. As for why you weren't seeded, every position was randomized by the Challonge system as I already pointed out. That's just where we were all placed when I selected the randomize option.

Another reason for not just doing 4 is that positions 3, 4, and 5 were tied in points. We'd have had to come up with another way to decide between them which would have been cut. Which I didn't think would be fair.

Me vs KashX

1 - 2

First duel he OTKed me right in the second turn. >.>

Second duel I was EXTREMELY lucky since he was never able to draw the set of monsters he needed for his combo which gave me an easy win.

Third duel was pretty much the same as his first. :/

Kinda expected it with his deck......oh well...

Me vs KashX

1 - 2

First duel he OTKed me right in the second turn. >.>

Second duel I was EXTREMELY lucky since he was never able to draw the set of monsters he needed for his combo which gave me an easy win.

Third duel was pretty much the same as his first. :/

Kinda expected it with his deck......oh well...

Updated.

Looks like I'll be facing KashX it seems.

How did you even get in contact with him? Razor is the only way I know to get in contact with Kash.. and well Razor hasn't been here in a couple days. :/

How did you even get in contact with him? Razor is the only way I know to get in contact with Kash.. and well Razor hasn't been here in a couple days. :/

Call it a "lucky" coincidence...... =P

I was lurking as always on DN and he just sprung out on me at random asking me to duel......:beat_brick:

L&S beat Super-Buu-5 2-0 in the Finals.

Looks like you're dominating the Finals just like you did the Preliminaries.

I'm having to wait on KashX. I contacted Razor days ago with no reply about something else. If someone catches KashX on DN let him know we need to duel... as Razor hasn't been around.. and well he doesn't allow KashX to come here either. :/