Kametsu Khronicle #8

RazorDan

LekiKhronicle.png

THE KAMETSU KHRONICLE!

We're Back!

The Khronicle has returned! We are very sorry for the huge delay but that was all down to admin problems. There have been loads of changes since the last issue, with a lot of the Khronicle Krew leaving anf being replaced. We have also added some new sections and changed our member structure. Another major change is that the Khronicle will now have a new issue every two weeks , instead of the previous weekly policy. This is to give our team enough time to produce their pages and to minimize the amount of time you, the readers, have to wait. Below is the list of staff changes. Enjoy the Khronicle!

RazorDan

The Old Team

RazorDan- Head Editor

Iki- Vice Editor

Gneiss [Anras Rune]- Literary + Gaming Chief

Krogothwolf- Chief of Staff

Irish- GFX Chief

Hicks- Anime Reviewer

FlutterShy- Creative Team

Mute Point- Creative Team

The New Team

RazorDan- Head Editor

Anras Rune- Vice Editor + Lit Chief

Hicks- Anime Reviewer

Mute Point- Creative Team

Apollo- Head of GFX

Edder- Chief of Staff

Honeybee- Music Mogul

DirkQueenKefka- Agony Aunt

Shazi- Reserve

Feel free to contact any member of the team if you wish to make a recommendation or have a question about anything.

Page 1- News

To re-start the Khronicle, I decided to do an interview. Anras Rune interviewed Honeybee, one of the most popular members of our community. This interview took place before he joined the Khronicle Krew.

Q1. How'd you find the site?

Well, Apollo was part of this site for many years. I have seen him on this site for a while, him being my brother. I finally joined because I was interested in the graphics section. Apollo taught me how to make sigs and such, and ever since then, I have tried to be as active as I can in the entire forum!

Q.2 What made you stay active?

I try and stay active mainly because the topics are interesting, there are sooo many different opinions, and I generally like almost everyone on the forum. Its fun to read and respond to everyone's thoughts on the topics.

Q.3 Your favorite thing about the site?

The Chatbox!!!! I love the CB. I have made many many close friends on it. Its a fun place to just chill out and relax with a bunch of friends. I absolutely love talking on it.

Q.4 Favourite member, and why?

Well, this is a very hard question! *sweats* Uhm, I would have to have a top three, I think. They would be King Raz I, Admiral Shazi, and Creepy. These three people have always been very friendly to me. they help me out when I'm upset, give me advice, and are all very good people. They are fun to talk to, and I love all three of them to death!♥

Q.5 Favorite writer on the forum?

Well, I think that this is also a very hard question. I'd have to say it's a tie between Emperor Anras and Admiral Shazi. I like both of these writers equally just because their stories invoke different things in me. Shazu's stories make me very emotional, especially Sketchbook Girl. That story is my current obsession because I feel so sorry and sad for the main character, but I love how she's such a kind person throughout all of her ordeals. And as for Anry, I love his stories because they are so epic. I am veeery much looking forward to his short story Raining Bloody Feathers. It looks like such an epic story and I just can't wait.

Q.6 Considering this is an anime forum, whats your favorite anime?

Well, this is an easy one! Definitely Zatch Bell! I love the storyline. The Mamodo are just soooo cute to me (even though they are very creepy). I grew up watching this Anime after school, so I always loved it. A close second would be the very first season of Pokemon! I don't really like it anymore, because I felt the anime isn't as good anymore, but the first season was amazing in almost every way.

Q.7 What you think about the other members in general?

Teehee! I feel like we are the very definition of a family. We laugh at eachother, we joke around. We care for each other, and we even sometimes get into fights. We all help each other out, and I love the members on Kametsu like they are my family. I love how everyone in this forum knows eachother, and how welcoming we are to new members. I am very grateful that people were so nice to me when I started, and I try to continue that for new members as well!♥

Q.8 What you would like to see from Kametsu in the future?

Well, really the only thing I would like is for more people to be active in the Literature Section and the RP Section. These two section are really very good, and I just wish they wouldn't have died down as much as they did. Maybe we could try advertising these sections more. I'm not sure how, but I would really love for that to happen.

Thank you for interviewing me! I hope my thoughts contributed something to the forums!

Page 2- Animetsu World

by RazorDan

Hey guys! Well, since Iki's resignation, I am now in charge of informing you about the latest news in the world of anime and Kametsu. I came up with a quick title so don't judge me on it!

You gotta see................

This is a segment where I will tell you guys about a less well known, yet fantastic anime. This issue will focus on Baka to test to Shokanjuu. A hugely entertaining anime that for some reason, isn't that well known. In my opinion, it's one of the funniest anime I've ever seen. Absolutely hilarious. It's second season is currently airing. It takes all of those old anime cliches, combines them, and makes them hugely enjoyable. The OVA? I don't think anything has made me laugh that much! Below is a clip of the main character:

-YunztNSGBI

The story centers around Akihisa Yoshii, the "baka" of the title. His academy rigidly divides up the student body into classes based on the results of tests. The prodigies are in the A class with reclining seats complete with air conditioning, but Akihisa is in F class, the lowest rung of the school ladder which is furnished only with low, decrepit tables and worn-out straw tatami mats. A girl named Mizuki Himeji is actually one of the smartest girls in Akihisa's sophomore year, but she had a fever on test day and was pigeonholed into the F class. Besides Mizuki (who Akihisa secretly adores), the F class also has Yuuji Sakamoto, the class president who has been Akihisa's friend and partner-in-crime since the freshman year.

The school happens to have developed experiments to summon fantasy creatures, and Akihisa decides to rally F class to take on the higher-tiered classes and seize their perks. The F class uses the summoned creatures in an all-out battle for school supremacy.

From MAL

Anime of the Week!

Easy, very easy......... Ao no Exorcist! This anime has completely taken me by storm and I know its done it to a lot of other people too. A unique, interesting anime with great music, great art and best of all, a refreshing lack of FANSERVICE! It's still ongoing, and at the moment of writing 20 episodes have aired. Below is some info:

29173.jpg

This world consists of two dimensions joined as one, like a mirror. The first is the world in which the humans live, Assiah. The other is the world of demons, Gehenna. Ordinarily, travel between the two, and indeed any kind of contact between the two, is impossible. However the demons can pass over into this world by possessing anything that exist within it. Satan the god of demons, but there's one thing that he doesn't have, and that's a substance in the human world that is powerful enough to contain him!! For that purpose he created Rin, his son from a human woman, but will his son agree to his plans? Or will he become something else...? An exorcist?

From MAL

Funny, exciting, action packed, thrilling. The first anime in a long, long time to break my top 10. Did I say Anime of the week? I meant anime of the year!

Page 3- Rune's Column

Another Success

Oh yes, we are back! Anyhoo, as I'm sure Razor has mentioned, there has been some changes in the staff and I come to you from the lofty position of Vice Editor!! ^.^ But back to business...

As I'm sure everyone knows, or has at least heard, the Art and Literature Section has been given a bit o the good old CPR. KALS or rather, the Kametsu Action Literature Squad has made it their mission to keep the poor section afloat. A what a success we have had. The lit section has went from having 4 or 5 active stories, too 13 active original stories. Doubled in size and now we shall double the effort.

I'll explain a little more about what we want from you; the reader, in the future. Currently there is 4 KALS short stories, which are being used to garner attention once again. It has worked quite well so far, but now we want to get you more involved. If you have an idea for a story, why not post it. Ask one of our members if you need help. Heck, I think we'll do pretty much anything to help bar typing the story ourselves! Kudos to a few members out of KALS for getting the hint and posting their stories. A big thank you to DuLake, Jenova and Sebastian for posting their stories, be them short or not.

Anyhoo, last but not least, I'll post the links to the stories (both KALS, new and old) with new posts in the past week, and I'll ask you guys to read them and comment. I hope you enjoy, and be expecting more from us soon!!

Sketchbook Girl

The Note's Requiem, a KALS Short [short story]

The Soldier's Counterattack, a KALS Short [short story]

Heartstrings: A KALS Short [short Story]

Raining Bloody Feathers, a KALS Short [short story]

Unicorn Killer

PAX Machina, a RazoRune Collaboration [story]

Equinox I.S

Well there it is folks, the first of many articles in the newly revived Khronicle...Adios!!(Anras Rune...^.^)

Page 4- Creative Center

Unlikely allies (Ongoing Khronicle story)

by Mute Point

Chapter 7

“Was that who I think it was?” Caitlyn asked, taking advantage of the distraction caused by the roar to dispatch two more orcs with swift stabs to their throats.

“I really hope so.” Irene answered, her strikes beginning to slow even as she renewed her attack on the orcs in front of her. Moments later the melee erupted anew, the two women and the wizard fighting desperately to stay alive.

As the returning patrols enclosed the circle, unable to get inside to the fighting, a massive feline form leapt over their heads, flames sprouting from its body to encircle the human combatants and the latest addition as it landed next to Irene. “Looks like I got here just in time.” The firecat said calmly. “You’ll want to get down now.”

“Alishan.. what?” Irene whispered before dropping to the ground, Caitlyn and the wizard following her example as the flames moved outward, growing as they fed on the now screaming orcish band. Bits of orc flesh and bone flew through the air in the wake of the flames. As the last orc fled the scene, the flames abruptly died, and the firecat collapsed at Irene’s side; her body shrinking down to something a bit more closely resembling a large house cat, though the flickering flame pattern of her fiery fur betrayed her true nature even now. With her exhausted from the display of raw power she had shown, the firecat managed something eerily similar to a smile as she nuzzled against Irene’s outstretched hand.

With the immediate threat out of the way, Caitlyn rushed over to the remaining captives and began cutting them loose. Most of them mumbled their thanks before running of, the remaining two sat in stunned silence at what they had just witnessed. Caitlyn shook her head and strode back over to Irene, noting with some satisfaction that the other woman had already began healing from the battle. “Rewards of good service?” she asked, grinning as her friendly cautiously sat up.

“You could say that…” Irene replied, not really wanting to go into the details of power granted by any gods, especially not her own goddess. “What do you think they were up to this far south anyway?” she asked, absently scratching the firecat behind the ears.

“Mrrrrr, a little to the left… That’s much better” the cat purred as Irene complied with her request.

“You haven’t changed a bit since we first met Alishan…” Irene muttered, grinning down at their newest companion.

“Slave trade maybe, or just random conquest. Orcs don’t need all that much reason to attack. Though I’d bet a pretty that we’ve given them a fair compelling reason not to for a while.” Caitlyn replied, acting as though she saw such strangeness every day. “So what’s your story wizard? What brings you to this bright little scrap of nowhere?”

GFX

By Apollo

Hello everyone! For those who don't know me, I'm Apollo, a member of the Graphics Team over here at Kametsu.

I just joined the Khronicle Krew, so for this issue I've decided to start off with a little intro of what I'm going to do with this column. So basically, I plan to talk about various tips, tricks, and techniques I use when making graphics, discuss different aspects of graphics in general, such as size, color, placement, depth, flow, lighting, etc., pick out some of my favorite signatures/banners from around the forums and review them, answer questions about graphics, make announcements pertaining to the Graphical Division, and much more!

I have a lot of ideas for this thing, but I am definitely open to suggestions. If you have ideas about this column, the Graphical Division itself, or anything like that, please don't hesitate to contact me. Tell me what you want to see here. And if you have any questions about graphics and stuff, send them over to me, too. Help me help you. I will do my best to answer your questions.

The Graphical Division is a wonderful place filled with many talented graphic artists. Are you in need of a new sig, avatar, or other graphic? There are plenty of people willing to take requests. Do you want to check out everyone's latest works? Stop by the Showcase section, where you can also post your own graphics for helpful comments and criticism. It can be scary to show off your work sometimes, but getting advice from others is the key to getting better and better. I also encourage everyone interested in graphics to participate in the SOTW contests and other graphic battles found in the Contest Corner. Not only are they fun, but they also allow you to practice your skills against others. Just remember, the more works you put out, the better you will get!

Well, that's it for this issue, but look forward to the next one. Bye for now!!! ^_^

Page 5- Honey's Hive!

Reviews

First up, let’s look at Breaking Benjamin’s new compilation album, Shallow Bay: The Best of Breaking Benjamin. As a fan of BB myself, I was definitely looking forward to the release of this album. This CD includes every song released as a single, including the remixed version of “Blow Me Away,” featuring Velora.

Though I was very pleased with the Deluxe Edition of the CD, which included more songs, and various Acoustic Covers, I wish they would have possibly added more new songs that have yet to appear on an album, like P!nk did for her greatest hits album. Though this is very picky, I wish it would have happened, nonetheless.

As for the songs themselves, it was nice to have all of my favorite songs on one disc, and the acoustic covers were simply amazing. “I Will Not Bow” is my favorite song on the album, followed closely by its acoustic cover. Both versions are simply amazing.

Overall, I give the album a good review. Usually, I would not bother buying a greatest hits album, but in this case, I would splurge for the Deluxe Edition if for nothing else the Acoustic Covers.

Rating: 4/5

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Now let’s look at all three albums from the very well-known Lady Gaga. Ms. Gaga is all over the radio, with hits still dating back to her sophomore album, Fame Monster. I feel that people have forgotten where her career started, so let’s turn back the clock a little…

The Fame:

Lady Gaga breached into billboards with her first hit, “Just Dance.” This electronica-dance hit swept the charts, almost instantly giving her A-list celebrity status. Soon after, The Fame hit stores, and was an instant hit. “Poker Face”, “Nothin’ Else I Can Say”, “Love Game”, and “Paparazzi” all became instant hits, and the album topped charts and won several awards. This album set the standard for pop music to come.

Rating: 4.5/5

The Fame Monster:

Initially intended to be released as a part of The Fame, The Fame monster was released as a standalone album in 2009. This album steers from the techno of her first album and deals with the darker side of fame. Her hit “Bad Romance” swept national charts, becoming an instant hit. Its music video intrigued lovers and haters alike, dipping into what will become a string of odd, risqué videos. Her duet single featuring Beyonce titled “Telephone” became insanely popular, making a record for the most played pop song in the month of its release. “Alejandro” was also a huge hit, its video striking controversy over the military policy of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”. Overall, the album was good, branching into more gothic beats and more lyrically focused than her first album, but it seemed that the eight songs from this album all lacked something I expected from her.

Rating: 3.5/5

Born This Way:

When Lady Gaga announced the release of this album, I know that Lady Gaga fans around the world anticipated its release. When I heard her first hit, Born This Way, I’m not going to lie. I was a little disappointed. It lacked that same thing I missed from her entire sophomore album. I dreaded the thought that this album might be a total dud. That all changed when “Judas” was released. All of a sudden, I realized what was missing. It was that edgy, party-filled beat that I loved so much from The Fame. It was back, and when “Edge of Glory” was released, I knew it was back with a vengeance. From her song religious controversy that is “Judas” to her mellow, soft “You and I”, Lady Gaga showed the world that she has found what once was.

Rating: 4/5

Overall, Lady Gaga will never beat her first album. It was and edgy, dance-filled album that is like no other. Though I like her latest album, nothing will be like her first. I definitely believe that Lady Gaga earned fame that she has acquired, and that her CDs will provide loads of entertainment to those who are fans of techno-pop and electronica.

Overall Artist Rating: 4/5

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Well, that’s it for this week. Next week, I’ll be reviewing the lost tunes of the 80’s, and adding a gossip column. And remember, in Honey’s Hive, its always buzzing!♫♪♫

Page 6- KamLife

Countess Courteous

Dear Countess Courteous is going to be an articule run by me, Dirk Queen Kefka, or as some of you know me, Jenova. All questions should be sent over PM. After they're read, the questions will be both complied into an article that will be released with every Kametsu Khronicle that has the answer to each question and answered over PM. Any and all names will be changed to protect the privacy of the asker. There's no real limit to what can be asked, although my main focus is relationships of all types, ettiquette and general social conundrums. Anything is welceom, from the light hearted to the gravely serious.

I look forward to your questions~

Edder the Rambler

Sup peeps of Kametsu!!

So I’ve been asked to scribble a little comedy piece for the Khronicles. Sorry to say, but my comedy is more a spur of the moment thing. Usually after I have intoxicated myself. Whoever said that nothing good happens after 2 am, definitely hasn’t joined me for a night of standing on tables doing an air guitar solo to a song that I have never ever heard before, in a bar that has essentially been closed for 2 hours. Well enough of my corruption of the youth….

…. Okay, I’m not completely done. So two weeks ago the town I live in had their “interschool’s”. This is a whole week of nonstop rugby fanatics driving me to the extent where I wana take a blunt spoon and start sawing at my wrists. Now don’t get me wrong, I love my sports, but these complete douche bags just always have to take it too far. So the singing and screaming I can take, but when the sun goes down, my local watering hole gets swamped by Jocks that just seem to crawl out of every hole and crack in the wall. Given it’s a free country, but if you can’t act like a civilized human being when you are drunk (okay, I tend to drink my face off once in a while as well), then rather stay in whatever corner of hell you sprouted from. Thank goodness this Hellish event happens once a year.

Edder’s tip of the day: if you tell a joke about Jews, and everybody

laughs, don’t follow it up with a jesus joke. The crowd

will turn on you like a bunch of Tottenham Rioters!

True Story….

Edder’s joke of the day: Hitler: “Jews, today we are doing the 100m hurdles….. if

you touch a hurdle, you will be shot….. You,

wheelchair man, go first”

Hope you enjoyed my little rant (Im sure i offended at least one person) Keeps it Realz

Page 7- Reviews

Here we have Hicks reviewing The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya!

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

(14 episode series)

And this is pretty much one of those shows that manages to both annoy and entertain me at the same time. That and be confusing as hell.

What I liked about this series is that its story was actually kind of interesting. It revolves entirely around an a-typical high school student, Haruhi Suzumiya, who apparently has the power to destroy and re-create the world. She is odd to say the least, and treats people like objects. She also seems to enjoy molesting people, or at least one person in particular. Still, I can't help but laugh at the idea that the world actually would revolve around such a self-centered individual. Then there's the other aspect of this series I like, which is the comedy. There is definitely plenty to laugh at, whether it was intentional or not. The antics of Mikuru Asahina in particular were both funny and annoying, although the whole moe-blob thing was intentional and even lampshaded early on. Her patheticness and cutesy little voice somehow managed to make me laugh and annoy the hell out of me at the same time, and that's something, I guess.

As for the story, as I mentioned, it was somewhat interesting. It wasn't hugely interesting, but it was interesting. I wasn't really interested by the thought exercise that revolved around Haruhi and her mysterious capabilities so much as what was going on as a result of it. I guess I just found the strangeness of it all to be appealing.

Then there were the characters. Kyon, the narrator, was pretty effective as someone the audience could relate to. He was pretty much an everyman, though he probably took all the weirdness that was going on around him and the expository explanation that was given to him by all the other members of Haruhi's SOS Brigade a lot more in stride then most people probably would. He also seems to be something of a ladies man, because it seems like every female member of the SOS Brigade seems to be attracted to him on some level, and the feeling seems to be mutual. I mean, he even seems to have something for the emotionless robot girl, Yuki, and right back at him, I guess. His attraction to Mikuru is kind of the obvious 'ship, being as she's the designated Ms. Fanservice and all. Hell, even the only other male character in the SOS Brigade, Itsuki, seems like he has a thing for Kyon. Then there's Haruhi herself, who also has a thing from him, although he doesn't seem to make up his mind about her until the last episode in a moment I'm sure everyone was supposed to think was cute. I just laughed, personally, the cliché of it all. I will say, though, that Haruhi really wasn't all that interesting herself in my opinion. Her appeal was mainly in her eccentricity. She actually seems like someone who could use some psychological help, but luckily she's a funny kind of crazy instead of a scary kind of crazy. Except of course that she can apparently destroy the world.

That does beg the question, though, why don't they just kill her? I know that she's not visibly a threat, and while she's amoral and likes to treat the moe-blob like she's a doll, it wouldn't really be the most humane thing to kill her, but it would be the pragmatic thing to do if she's really such a threat to humanity. Of course, this is a comedy, and I wasn't supposed to think of that, but I really am a horrible person. ;)

I guess this was an okay series, and while it's not a favorite by any means, it was okay to watch. Mostly it's just fluff with a bit of philosophizing and plenty of comedy. The series was apparently broadcast out of chronological order just to make things a bit more confusing I guess, and that's the order I watched it in. I know there's some argument among fans about whether it's better to show in broadcast order or chronological order, so if you watch this you'll pretty much have to decide for yourself. Either way there are guides online you can look up to help you watch it in whichever order you decide to. I think the main argument for watching it in broadcast order is that it presents everything the way the people who made it intended to have the information in it revealed. Things might make more sense in chronological order, though, so it's up to you which argument is better. 7/10.

Well, there you go. The return of the Khronicle! As I said earlier, the next issue will be released in two weeks. In the meantime, I urge you to message DirkQueenKefka with any problems you have. If you wish to be anonymous, then she will be the ONLY person to know, no one else on the team will know, I promise. You can contact individual members of the Krew if you wish, and CHECK OUT THOSE ANIME! Till next time!

Much love to you too Prince !!! You and pollo were probably the reason i stuck around ;) speed and Trend are super-cool too, they are just the right mix of normal and warp-drive-mega-apeshit-insanity !!!!!!!! When I don't see your avatars and bright multicolored text I get the same feeling as when I've been away from home too long...... even if home is a circus..........

Scandalous interview Honey!! I saw you didn't mention me as your favorite member and almost started crying... But then I was like "OH EM GEE, W8! I'm obvs not considered a member to him, I'm like his sister or something, DUH. Silly Clare." Lawl, blonde moment!! El oh el, lawlz. LOVE YOU. YOU'RE SO FIERCE. I'm totes jealous of your pretty too. *sad face*. I want your pretty!! Share the pretty! 3: I want to rip off your face and tape it on to mine for I can be as pretty as you!!! D: /jealous... ANYWAY, ILY. <33333333

OH, and bee tee dubz, we totes need to go shopping sometime becuz Connie and I really wantz 2 go shopping with you. :/ We'd go to like Victoria's Secret, then Armani, then H&M (scarves.. /drool), then like American Eagle, then maybe some Abercrombie and Fitch all up in there, ya know? THEN, we could so totes come back 2 mah house and have a sleepover!! We can watch Project Runway, Drop Dead Dive, America's Next Top Model, Sex and the City, and Ugly Betty!!! Then we can have a pillow fight!! Pillow fightz ftw!! :3 Then we can cook some fish on the grill. Mmmmmm... Then we can go to the nearby graveyard and wear leather jackets (we'll get you one that doesn't pucker), then we can totes hunt vamps. Then we can go to Best Buy and plug in my phone to the sample iHome's and blast Britney and totes dance and probs get kicked out like Connie and I have like 9,001 timez. T_T

Look, I drew us as sheep BFF's!!! I'm the one on the left, and your the one on the right!! :3 <3

__ _

.-.' `; `-._ __ _

(_, .-:' `; `-._

,'o"( (_, )

(__,-' ,'o"( )>

( (__,-' )

`-'._.--._( )

||| |||`-'._.--._.-'

||| |||

EDIT: Sheep aren't working...

EDIT 2: Lawl, sheep are being sassy and not working for Clare. D:<

EDIT 3: OMG, wurkkk!!!

EDIT 4: Fuck it, I give up. You get the picture.

• 3 weeks later...