Favorite FPS

Monad-Gnostis

Definitely Half-Life 2. It had everything: Graphics that stand up to today's FPS's, Well-developed story that players had to do their homework to get, the physics engine that revolutionized game physics, A horror level that scared me more than most horror movies manage to and it inspired the creation of the Orange Box. That means it's responsible for Portal, but on the the other hand it is also responsible for dessert-related Portal jokes that everyone is tired of.

Definitely Half-Life 2. It had everything: Graphics that stand up to today's FPS's, Well-developed story that players had to do their homework to get, the physics engine that revolutionized game physics, A horror level that scared me more than most horror movies manage to and it inspired the creation of the Orange Box. That means it's responsible for Portal, but on the the other hand it is also responsible for dessert-related Portal jokes that everyone is tired of.

The cake is still a lie. GLaDOs is an evil bitch.

• 2 weeks later...

Quake 2 and 3 obviously, quake 2 for all it's goriness and some pretty kick ass boss battles(at the time anyway) seriously, when was the last time you've played an fps where flies buzz around the rotting corpse of your enemy? quake 3 since without it would've never known what a frag or "BFG" was, even if it was a multiplayer based game, I had no friends with the guts to stomach all the violence at that young age, so I spent hours with bots playing with myself.

I guess the original wolfenstein could be considered a favorite, but that's mainly because I'm proud to have beaten a game no one I know actually knows about.

• 2 months later...