The Card System: Your thoughts?

Riku

It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. I don't think I've ever been faced with a battle system that sucked terribly.

It could've been done in a more action-oriented fashion without cards. Like... just get rid of the cards and then go from there. :P I don't mind having to touch the monster first to initiate battle--probably a lot simpler that way anyway than just having all the monsters sprawled out on the map like it is on the console.

• 4 weeks later...

i personally like the concept of having cards for medians of battle. It meant that you had alot farther to go than just simply beating the game. I only wish that I could have done alil more with riku than just maxing out his level. I kept kicking my friends @$$es on it to. if we all could have the same moves without cards than that couldn't have been possible. oh and axel is a big meanie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I personally didn't like the way the card system worked in the GBA game, but I fell completely in love with it in the PS2 one. Not many share the same opinion like I do, but the card system is one of the most well thought out, and detailed thing in the saga. I loved the varies customizations that came with the system, but one thing that I don't like about it is the time it takes to access enemy cards. Other than that, I liked it and I hope it comes back in later games.

• 1 month later...

It definitely made chain of memories/re: chain of memories a unique game, but unique doesn't always mean better...  But I guess like people have said it was designed to make up for the limitations of the GBA. In terms of gameplay, if you take the time to master the card system, you can fly thorught the game with ease, while if you try to ignore it and rush through... you will end up struggling later on.

• 5 months later...