Harry Potter

Arvo

After seeing the final Harry Potter movie, I felt the need to create this thread.

Warning: What you are about to read will sound very corny.

Note: No spoilers allowed please.

I have been a huge fan since 1999 when I read the first 3 books. And my love for this story grew in 2001 with the release of the first movie. I was 9 at the time of this release, and ever since then I feel like I have grown with the Trio. Looking back at the series, each novel/movie got darker and darker as it went along. It no longer felt like a kids movie (well, not just for kids).

I am truly sad that this is the end of the series. This is without a doubt my favorite Book/Movie series, and will be hard to top (I don't think it ever will imo, for me anyway). This has been a huge part of my childhood, from reading the books, to watching the movies, to playing the games. But now there is no more, and that makes me very sad.

I will be seeing the last one again in theatre hopefully this weekend, as I will probably never get to experience this on the big screen again.

Hopefully there is someone else here who feels almost the same way about this as me, or I will look quite the fool lmao.

Post your stories of how you came about HP or what your feelings are to the end of this series. Are there anyone with similar feelings as me?

*Edit*

I just saw that it hasn't been released yet in some countries, but feel free to reply about the other movies/novels.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it releases tonight in South Africa. Looking forward to it, but i wont be missing it as much as you, though i really enjoyed it. but i know how you feel. i felt that way about Lord of the Rings! The book that actually got me into reading. luckily ill get a taste of JR Tolkiens world again with the release of the hobbit next year!! :D

Well I am watching HP & The Half Blood Prince right now, after watching the previous films over the weekend, will be watching HP & The Deathly Hallows P1 tomorrow and then going to see the final film on IMAX Friday. I have never read the books and am not the biggest fan but do have an appreciation for the movie series.

my sis is a great fan of HP and surely will drag me to the theater to watch it :hguit5:....... well the first two parts were fun but you know it started sucking when all the people started dieing for no good reason ...you know dumbledore was my fav ......

Dumbledore%2BWouldn%2527t%2BLet%2BThis%2BHappen.jpg

but you it was his fault ...

albus-dumbledore-funny-haha-lol-men-text-100121.jpg

if he had learned his lesson there could have been a better climax....

dumbledore-voldemort-bellatrix-harry-ordendelfenix.jpg

but the truth of the matter is ...

9cb1d73b6be-tour1.jpg1.jpg?w=358&h=368

All jokes apart I read something in the newspaper that JK was cooking up something about maybe making a sequel or starting a newproject ....

All jokes apart I read something in the newspaper that JK was cooking up something about maybe making a sequel or starting a newproject ....

I read or saw somewhere a few months ago that Rowling is not continuing the story (which is good), but is making a Harry Potter encyclopedia, with everything that has been in the series. I think it is a great idea, I would buy that.

im hoping they make something to continue HP... and it be good

As much as I love this series, I have to disagree. You have to realize, the story is finished, there is nothing more to add to the Harry Potter story. I would hate for them to continue and turn this great series into something boring and tired.

its true that they shouldnt stretch it too far. that would just screw up an awesome series. Rather make a boek or movie about harry's parents or something. kinda like the Hobbit was for LOTR. im quite interested in the Potter past. JK is a good writer, so she should be able to make it awesome!

I've never really been a huge HP fan, so unfortunately, I'm kind of indifferent to this new movie coming out. I'll see it, but I'm not overly excited about it. I've only read one of the books, and while the movies are good, I never really got into them. It's amazing that a series has been so popular for ten years though. It's kind of sad that the series is ending, but here's hoping it ends on a high note.

I saw it last night at three in the morning (we were dumb and waited until night of to get tickets, so the midnights were out). I only read the first two books (and fully intend to read the rest), so I wasn't as attached to the series as a lot of people (the movies were good, but not as good). Still, it was incredible to see how much it meant to a lot of people there, and it was a terrific film with great emotional vibrancy. Totally made the last week of cramming HP movies worth it.

well i saw the new potter movie yesterday. i must admit, much better than Part 1, but there are a few things that ticked me off or that i think could have been done differently. it pretty much ended as i predicted, but it was still enjoyable. Ron weasly!!!!! what a lucky bastard!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I read the first book before the movies started coming out, and thought it was fantastic, then it came out on movie, so I made my mom buy me the vhs (... yeah). I've been in love with this series for a long time, and I am very sad that it has ended. But on the other hand they were getting old, and the movies were leaving a lot of things out that I felt they should have in them. Though, I am glad that they made the movie in to two parts, or they would have completly ruined it, though I wish they didn't spread them so far apart.