Harry Potter

Arvo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when the first movie came out i was about the same age as Harry.we grow as the characters in the movies grow and watch them every year.you just fall in love with the characters and when it all ends after 10 years its like loosing apart of your life.no other movie franchise has made us feel the way we do about Harry Potter. its a very weird feeling.if you were a kid and literally grew up as harry and his friends grew and caught up with the movies every year it just has a big effect on you at the end..like u just lost your friends..i believe only people who grew up with it and are the same age as the actors are now will understand this..good bye Harry Potter....thank you for the experience.

• 2 months later...

I loved the books so much! The darker they got, and the older I got, the more I liked them. The seventh one is my favorite. However, I did not like the last two movies. The second part was better than the first, but it still did not capture the true emotion of the book, and it felt too rushed. They didn't explain Dumbledore's sister adequately, and well there was a lot wrong with the lat two movies. Anyway, I loved the books and the first few movies. A lot of people want JK Rowling to make a new story about the kids, but am I the only one who thinks a story about the founders of Hogwarts and their adventures would be more interesting?

Some people say that the movies did the books justice, but after reading the first 3 books and watching the movies I can say that is definitely not even close to true. I really did like the movie series overall though, especially the last movie. I still need to finish the books, I'm sure the last book will be much better than the two movies.

Some people say that the movies did the books justice, but after reading the first 3 books and watching the movies I can say that is definitely not even close to true. I really did like the movie series overall though, especially the last movie. I still need to finish the books, I'm sure the last book will be much better than the two movies.

As the movies went on they started sticking closer to the books from what I've heard. Anyhow it had to have been a better adaption than Twilight either way.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Harry Potter movies as I grew up, and last week since the last one was released on Blu-ray I went back and marathoned all 8 movies in 2 days. =O Awesome.

As the movies went on they started sticking closer to the books from what I've heard. Anyhow it had to have been a better adaption than Twilight either way.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Harry Potter movies as I grew up, and last week since the last one was released on Blu-ray I went back and marathoned all 8 movies in 2 days. =O Awesome.

Well I guess I'll find out whenever I get around to finishing the books :) They totally failed at making Hermione and Ginny look older though. That was honestly so bad I laughed xD

As for Twilight, when I watched the first movie I was definitely a bit disappointed with details they left out, but it really wasn't as bad as the disappointment of the cast they chose. They're all supposed to be very good looking people, yet most of them aren't. The first Twilight movie was A LOT closer to the book than the first Harry Potter movie was to it's book. I don't know about the rest though, as I only finished the first Twilight book.

• 4 weeks later...

I really loved this series. I grew up with it. The movies could be letdowns, though. I suppose the later ones had the excuse of there being no possible way to fit such massive books into feasibly-sized movies (though this still begs the question of why we got NONE of the epicness that was the Quidditch World Cup in movie 4 and instead got a massively extended sequence with the dragon, even though a) there were supposed to be like fifty highly trained dragon handlers around to STOP that thing going for a wander like that and B) the whole point of that scene was supposed to show Harry's viability as a competitor by him being the quickest to get the egg), but it doesn't explain the early movies' tendency towards cutting important plot chunks in exchange for other scenes being weirdly prolonged (could we not have had TEN SECONDS to explain who the Marauders were? PLEASE?)

I suppose you've gotta accept the movies as something to watch after you've read the books to bring things to life, but sadly some people think that because the movies exist you don't have to read the books and you can get everything from the movies. Ahahahahahahahahahaha... no.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...