How Often do you reinstall your OS?

CaelThunderwing

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reinstall my computer on average once a month but thats because i tinker for instance right now im running 2008 r2 datacenter on my lappy for god knows what reason. all oses build clutter when things run for compatibilities sake. my phone is no different except once a week. people ooo and awe at how fast my gadgets run cause they are always running fresh software

I have been running computers for......nevermind. Lets just say it was a TRS-80 and then I upgraded to a MS-DOS 8088 cpu(Smokin fast) Should have seen my 5 1⁄4-inch floppy archive.

I have never reinstalled a OS. But I am very meticulous when it comes to weekly maintenance on it.

However I can see the need for a reinstall due to the type of use it may be subject to. With Windows I keep archives of Restore data.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I used to install Win XP quite often when I experimented with nLite and other tools to mod my XP install disk.

But that ended with Win 7 which I only installed about 5 times because of changed hardware or computers.

Due to my studies I need a system\VM with Linux. Switchable graphics aren't supported well, most tutorials do not work for me.

So this year, I often install Ubuntu/Linux Mint to try out new combinations with Catalyst drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

I reinstall my OS quite often actually, one to two times a year at least. Sometimes I have the urge to have a clean slate because i have a feeling my installation has picked up garbage what hinders its performance. It was only the last time of reinstallation I found out that my system could also be set up using EFI, i didn't know my mainboard was ready for it until Windows Setup suddenly decided to boot in EFI-mode. I was really happy about it meaning I can use my 3TB-HDDs natively.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...