Hangover 3 'announced'

RazorDan

Due to its huge success a third and supposedly final one is in the works

-----

Following the opening weekend success of ‘The Hangover: Part II’, Warner Bros. wasted no time in getting started on third movie and have already hired Craig Mazin to write it.

Mazin - who previously wrote ‘Scary Movie 3’ and ‘Superhero Movie’ - took over from the first movie’s writers Jon Lucas and Scott Moore to co-write ‘Part II’, which received very mixed reviews.

Justin Bartha spoke to The Hollywood Reporter about the possibilities of where a follow-up movie would take them all.

He said: “Amsterdam could be a different kind of hangover. It could be fun. And Zach [Galifianakis] will probably already be there.”

‘Part II’ star Jamie Chung agreed, saying: “If you think of the coolest, craziest cities in the world, it would have to be Las Vegas, Bangkok and Amsterdam.”

Still, Amsterdam looks set to get a little less crazy, with the Dutch government clamping down on marijuana and possibly banning tourists from using the infamous ‘coffee’ shops.

The second film moved the Wolf Pack from Las Vegas to Bangkok, and director Todd Phillips said a third instalment would end of the series, wherever it took place. At a press conference before Mazin was hired to pen the third, Phillips said:

“If we were to do a third one, if the audience, if the desire was there, I think we have a very clear idea where that would head. It’s certainly not in the same template that you’ve seen in these movies. The third would be very much a finale and an ending.

“The most I could say about it, what’s in my head, and I haven’t discussed it with these actors, is that it is not following that template but very much a new idea. As far as where it takes place, I said I’m very open, like the Olympic committee, to being pitched and presented cities, flown around with wine and women and bribed. Then I will make my decision.”

A change in the formula could breathe new life into the final film, but will Warner Bros. really want to rule out further sequels?

Full article here

this ones supposed to be a bit different and while i really liked the first two, i'm a bit worried that this one won't be that good :/

I havnt seen it for myself, but i hear that the second one was a big dissapointment. I think they should have left it with the first one. its a legend movie. now they are just milking it. But maybe its actually good. ill have to go see for myself.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...