Luffy far too weak?

frail213

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the question. You've seen 500 episodes and you think Luffy is WEAK?

He's only been sailing the seas for maybe a year and he's already beaten up 2 Warlords of the Sea, a leopard assassin who started killing when he was 14 years old and a "God" in the sky.

Luffy doesn't get strong by training like Naruto or Ichigo. He gets stronger simply be his desire to protect his nakama which went well until of course the Sabaody Arc where the crew realized how truly weak they were in front of people from the New World.

That's why at the end of the Whitebeard War, Rayleigh takes Luffy in and the crew goes on a 2 year mission to train and become strong enough to survive in the New World.

I agree with this. Luffy has come far throughout the episodes, and how is he weak o.o he is well-known amongst others and is known for his battles that he has won

• 3 months later...

Personally, I appreciate the way that the characters of One Piece progress, the fact that they don't have drastic leap of power adds a more human quality to the characters. Take when Zoro took on Mr. 1 Alabastar (spelling?) for example; in the middle of this fight Zoro learned how to cut steal. After the arch collapsed on him, he had flash backs of things he was taught in the past. This is knowledge he's been carrying along with him all along, it isn't until this point though, that he understands their meaning. Furthermore, once he accomplishes this, he realizes that he can still continue to grow; indicating that he had begun to doubt.

Edited by Asce

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like that Luffy isn't the strongest guy around and that the rest of the crew are valid fighters Its not like DBZ where sure there are other strong people but it all comes down to them main character over powering everything. I have enjoyed Luffys gradual growth it feels realistic and less overpowered.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...