Game of Thrones (TV Series)

Nero D. Ace

One thing I noticed is that Peter Dinklage is now the first actor to be credited - well deserved recognition, for sure - but it's really nice to see his career's growth since last season.

I didn't notice this! I usually skip passed the credits because I watch it online after it airs. I think it's well-deserved as well. Tyrion is one of my favorite characters.

Game of Thrones Renewed for Season 3

HBO just sent forth a raven bearing good news for all the realm! King Joffrey slipped in the shower and broke his neck! Well, not really. But the next best thing: The network has renewed Game of Thrones for a third season! File this under "unsurprising news," as Season 2 has gotten off to a fantastic start both critically and ratings-wise, but everything is better when it's written in stone.

Early ratings data suggests that Game of Thrones isn't done growing and is on the same sort of trajectory that True Blood was on after its first season, and we all know where that show ended up. HBO says the Season 2 premiere of Game of Thrones has amassed a cumulative 8.3 million viewers and is on pace to exceed the average audience of Season 1.

The best part of this news is that if things stay on the current track, Season 3 will delve into the third book of the A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels that Game of Thrones is based on, A Storm of Swords. That book—is considered by many fans to be the best of the series so far—is a beast in every conceivable way, and producers have considered splitting it into two seasons. That would allow them to tackle the entire story and would also give author George R.R. Martin a little more time to write the books so HBO doesn't catch up to him with the television series (book five of seven was released last year; the first book was published in 1996).

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Game of Thrones Renewed for Season 3

HBO just sent forth a raven bearing good news for all the realm! King Joffrey slipped in the shower and broke his neck! Well, not really. But the next best thing: The network has renewed Game of Thrones for a third season! File this under "unsurprising news," as Season 2 has gotten off to a fantastic start both critically and ratings-wise, but everything is better when it's written in stone.

Early ratings data suggests that Game of Thrones isn't done growing and is on the same sort of trajectory that True Blood was on after its first season, and we all know where that show ended up. HBO says the Season 2 premiere of Game of Thrones has amassed a cumulative 8.3 million viewers and is on pace to exceed the average audience of Season 1.

The best part of this news is that if things stay on the current track, Season 3 will delve into the third book of the A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels that Game of Thrones is based on, A Storm of Swords. That book—is considered by many fans to be the best of the series so far—is a beast in every conceivable way, and producers have considered splitting it into two seasons. That would allow them to tackle the entire story and would also give author George R.R. Martin a little more time to write the books so HBO doesn't catch up to him with the television series (book five of seven was released last year; the first book was published in 1996).

That is great news that I missed. I've been watching the show and have now started the first book. It's good that HBO are considering giving Martin ample time; as I understand it, the last book took a very long time to finish. Is that correct?

Well the ending of Sunday's episode was a little weird. The red head got pregnant and had the kid almost immediately, but it was like some black smoke demon that immediately grew up into some man-demon thing... Really hope it's explained next episode just what the hell went on and what it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have watched the first 2 seasons and love it.

The Imp is my favourite charachter, followed by the little Stark girl, I forget her name. Some of the others are a bit annoying, but the storyline is strong enough to keep me hooked.

I have not read any of the books, but it looks like it is destined to be a long series as the dragons need time to grow up.

I have not read any of the books, but it looks like it is destined to be a long series as the dragons need time to grow up.

So far, each season has been about one book each, while there is currently 6 books (and more being written). They may make a season with 2-3 books or they may end up making two seasons for a single book, just depends on the material of future seasons and how much time they think they need to really give each book.

So far, each season has been about one book each, while there is currently 6 books (and more being written).

There are actually five books currently, and two still in the works.

Anyway, if you guys like the show, I strongly urge you to read the books. I'm on the epilogue of book three right now, so I'll be starting number four tomorrow, and they are just to die for. Definitely one of my favorite series.

The same could be said for the TV show. HBO is doing a good job of keeping (mostly, cough) to the books and still making it fresh and different enough to keep it interesting for people who have read them.