Osama bin Laden killed in Pakistan

Koby

Osama bin Laden, the Saudi extremist whose al-Qaida terrorist organization killed more than 3,000 people in coordinated attacks on the U.S. on Sept. 11, 2001, is dead following a military operation in Pakistan and the U.S. has recovered his body, U.S. President Barack Obama announced Sunday night.

"Justice has been done," the president declared as crowds formed outside the White House to celebrate, singing "The Star-Spangled Banner" and "We Are the Champions," NBC News reported. Obama said bin Laden, 54, whom he called a terrorist "responsible for the murder of thousands of American men, women and children," was killed in Pakistan earlier in the day after a firefight at a compound in the city of Abbottabad in a military operation that was based on U.S. intelligence.

Other U.S. officials said one of bin Laden's sons and two of his most trusted couriers also were killed, as was an unidentified woman who was used as a human shield.

The news immediately raised concerns that reprisal attacks from al-Qaida and other Islamist extremist groups could follow soon. "In the wake of this operation, there may be a heightened threat to the U.S. homeland," a U.S. official said. "The U.S. is taking every possible precaution. The State Department has sent advisories to embassies worldwide and has issued a travel ban for Pakistan." Police in New York, site of the deadliest attack on Sept. 11, said they had already begun to "ramp up" security on their own.

Charles Wolf of New York, whose wife, Katherine, died on Sept, 11, 2001, rejoiced at the news, which he called "wonderful." "I am really glad that man's evil is off this earth forever," Wolf said. "I am just very glad that they got him."

Former President George W. Bush said in a statement that he had personally been informed by Obama of the death of the terrorist leader whose attacks forever defined his eight years in office. "This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001," the former president said. "The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done."

Obama echoed his predecessor, declaring that "the death of bin Laden marks the most significant achievement to date in our nation's struggle to defeat al-Qaida. But he stressed that the effort against the organization continues. Al-Qaida remains in existence as an organization, presumably under the leadership of Ayman al-Zawahiri, 59, an Egyptian physician who is widely believed to have been bin Laden's No. 2.

But... on Fox news they said Usama Bin Laden. I thought it was his brother!

225105_10150180415241137_173503606136_6841391_598954_n.jpg

Kidding aside, this is good news (for once).

And, for the record, "I'd like to say that Aperture had nothing to do with Osama's death. I'd like to say that Aperture's technology was not involved, in any way. But then I'd be lying."

i still reckon they should have cut his head off and mounted it on a pole. extremists want to take the fundamentals of their religion and make them mental, so why dont we get all fundamental on their asses...we have MUCH more practise.

I can see Obama mounting Osama's head on the hood of his car...lol

Taliban and al-Qaeda have announced that the Pakistani government is their first target and the USA their second. IMO they should of captured him alive, now he's a martyr and there could be serious consequences. No question he deserved to die but there could be a lot of random attacks in the next few months.

i dont see why people believe he should be a martyr when he killed innocents. *sighs*

imo they should just buck up and nut up, remove terrorists human rights and clusterbomb them into next week...

also if they had captured him then there would have been lots of legal matters to ensure, like Pakistan and America fighting over who gets him and such...but again such is life.

they should have tortured him into denouncing terrorism and praising the western world for their inspirational leaders and ideals, whilst wearing a stars and stripes suit with a union jack hat.

or perhaps they should have just given him over to the great american public.

I heard that they actually did torture him before they killed him.

Now we have to find his lieutenant, who has been supposedly running the show for like 5 years now, So to me killing him is hurray for showing that we are badass, but really it seems like it accomplished nothing in the war against the Al-Queda, i mean ya they dont have their biggest symbol / leader anymore, but he hasnt even been running the show for a while.

I do get however that it means alot to people who were affected by 9/11, and that for them this probably means closure.

Shrugs, he obviously isn't getting those seventy-two some virgins for being a "matyr" of his cause. I kinda LOL'd at Koby's pictures of Obama & then that one about Laden being the champion of hideseek made me lmfao.

I honestly think we should've capped' him alive regardless of political issues regarding which government detains him. I expect extremists and his followers to make their own move as a result of this because their "head" / leader is down, and we all know people go crazy when they're not properly organized. So I wouldn't doubt riots and such being inspired by the remaining terrorists.

I dunno guys, I'm kinda skeptical about this.... :/

They didn't exactly recover his body either since according the news I saw it states that those soldiers "immediately" dumped his body on a river after killing him....

Can't get any weird and stupider than that.

Just saying.

I don't believe they did torture him, if they'd been able to take him alive without risking the lives of the team, they probably would have. So to put it plainly. He probably had a very quick death.

In regards to what is happening with his body, I believe it will be handled according to true muslim law, whether it would fit with his twisted version of it or not.

I dunno guys, I'm kinda skeptical about this.... :/

They didn't exactly recover his body either since according the news I saw it states that those soldiers "immediately" dumped his body on a river after killing him....

Can't get any weird and stupider than that.

Just saying.

Wherever you're watching this news, stop right now and never turn it on again. Ever.

While I'm happy to hear the news, I'm somewhat skeptical about it aswell. They never showed his body, all they did was tell everyone that, computer facial recognition software and dna from his sister determined that this was Bin Laden? You can't even examine his body anymore because they dumped it in the sea.

For all we know this guys alive living with Biggy, Tupac and Elvis.

Problem now is what the hell do we do about Pakistan. The idea that their gov didn't know he was hiding an hour from their capital in a town that is known for being a retirement community for ex-military officers is total bs. Didn't one of them think to see who the new neighbor in the million dollar mansion with no internet or phone was. Well our guys sure did, so way to go USA.

Yes, I would. Would explain everything.
Lol. Censored News~ Awesome isn't it?

Problem now is what the hell do we do about Pakistan. The idea that their gov didn't know he was hiding an hour from their capital in a town that is known for being a retirement community for ex-military officers is total bs. Didn't one of them think to see who the new neighbor in the million dollar mansion with no internet or phone was. Well our guys sure did, so way to go USA.
Seriously...? I'm willing to bet he had armed guards on the premises too so it couldn't have been any less obvious. Imho, I think we, as a whole world, drop a nuke and call it a day - rest of the world carries on to lower gas prices and everyone who doesn't care wins. In all seriousness that seems... pretty sad. The last news I heard about him was that he hid in a cave and escaped, back in like '01; now people tell me he was still in a cave this time >_> ten years later.

Lol. Censored News~ Awesome isn't it?

Seriously...? I'm willing to bet he had armed guards on the premises too so it couldn't have been any less obvious. Imho, I think we, as a whole world, drop a nuke and call it a day - rest of the world carries on to lower gas prices and everyone who doesn't care wins. In all seriousness that seems... pretty sad. The last news I heard about him was that he hid in a cave and escaped, back in like '01; now people tell me he was still in a cave this time >_> ten years later.

Must have been a damn nice cave. :P