Riku

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
One thing I didn't much like was the lack of summons. 5 recieved during story, 3 as sidequests. Most Final Fantasy games I have played have had alot more then just eight. Haha. Erm, Final Fantasy XII had 13 I believe, but most of them were like new summons that were shown as bosses in previous Final Fantasy titles. How many did Final Fantasy VIII have? I believe it was over 20 correct? Although I could be wrong. xD

Still I didn't like how Bahamut in Final Fantasy X didn't seem to look like a dragon, much less the "King of Dragons". I thought Ixion was better then Ramah from Final Fantasy IX as a thunder summon however. I liked Shiva, she looked about the same as always. I also liked Ifrit, he is probably my favorite summon from most of the Final Fantasy games. Valefor looked more like a childs toy then a summon, but his special attack to prevent the enemy from having a turn was useful, and he had a second overdrive you could unlock by going back to Besaid later in the game, however I didn't know about it till like my eighth play-through. Yojimbo was worthless and was a quick way to lose all your money, spending 300,000 gil to obtain him, then about 4,000 gil per attack to ensure he will do his best attack. >_< Anima was really good, but he was rather slow and had low defense so he usually died before you could even attack 6 or 7 times. Magus Sisters were pretty good, but they looked lame. So I didn't bother using them much. By the time you got far enough in the game to obtain them you didn't even need them because the game suddenly got even easier then it already was, and trust me Final Fantasy X is like the easiest Final Fantasy title to beat. xD

FFVIII summons:

1:Quezacotl

2:Shiva

3:Ifrit

4:Siren

5:The Brothers

6:Diablos

7:Carbuncle

8:Leviathan

9:Pandemona

10:Cerberus

11:Alexander