What gaming system is your favorite???

Shigotami Ryuko

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
For me, it's a three-way tie between the Super Nintendo, Game Boy Advance, and Nintendo DS (I'm much more into 2D games than the current-gen's 3D games)

Same here. I love older systems simply because older games were all about fun.

Today you can see a game that looks beautiful but sucks complete ass.

So i would have to say,

1.Genesis

2. Super nintendo

3. Neo geo ( cd.mvs.aes)

4. Dreamcast ( had some awesome 2 fighters and side scrolling games)

5 pc engine duo/turbo grafx

• 2 weeks later...

PlayStation. All three of my favorite games are on there -- Xenogears, Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy VII. FFIX, Metal Gear Solid and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver deserve mention as well. Top fifteen material for sure.

After that I'd probably with the SNES for a wide array of games, including Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV through VI and Super Mario World.

PS2 takes third place. I wasn't as impressed with its RPG library as I was for the above two systems; not by a long shot. But it had Final Fantasy X which is still in my top ten, as well as Final Fantasy XII which I seem to like a lot more than a lot of other people. It also had MGS2 and MGS3, so that really drives it upward.

The PlayStation 3 is rad, but apart from MGS4 and the port of Mass Effect 2, there are no 'must own' games for me to list it.

Incidentally, Mass Effect 1 and 2 are my number four and five games but there's not nearly enough else on the Xbox 360 (to me personally, etc.) to warrant mentioning that console.

FAVORITES OF THEIR TIME

1st started gaming with - NES and Gameboy . . . at that time I liked GB a little more, but as an adult I hate portable gaming

2nd generation - N64

3rd generation - PS2

Current generation - Xbox 360 . . . although PC is a close 2nd just because of Oblivion