Favorite Studio Ghibli Movies

pingo117

everything done by hayao miyazaki (<<<< my name) that guy is a genius of imagination..

so just looking through my DVD collection and noticed... NO GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES!!!

damn, seriously that is on my top (between 4-6 top) as well Koby though not done by miyazaki still a masterpiece in my books (<<< really big fan of studio Ghibli).

very sad though, man that movie made me cry.

anyway top 3

3. either "howls moving castle" or "whisper of the heart" (not miyazaki but still awesome)

2. Nausica Valley of the wind (first one I saw, ironically is also the first movie by Miyazaki independantly though not made while studio ghibli was OFFICIALLY in place it is still class as a ghibli)

1.princess mononoke

~I think not many will post Grave of the fireflies as its a bit depressing, but its one of his best.

As for me, has to be Tales from earthsea. :P

when you say one of "his" best I hope you don't mean hayao miyazaki because he did't direct it his son goro miyazaki did.

can't really say anything about return of the cat, don't think I reached a solid conclusion as to what I thought about it, after watching it although they were introducing a new director when they made that film.

I've seen a lot of ghibli films but the most memorable one would have to be Graveyard of the Fireflies...as others have said it's also probably the most depressing movie i've ever seen but for me it's one of the best movies I've ever seen animated or otherwise.

I think the first one i saw was either Porco Rosso or Princess Mononoke - we had a great independent cinema in town that would frequently have movies like that....Spirit Away is another fave...argh it's too hard to chose just one :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...