Favorite Studio Ghibli Movies

pingo117

Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away are my top 1/2. But I also like My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke a lot.

Graveyard of Fireflies will NEVER be forgotten. I think I'm still traumatized by that movie to this day. I don't hate it, but if I'm honest I can't love it fully either. And big parts of me LOVED it. But it made me cry so hard and feel so horrible for days. It haunted me for days. And I still try to block it out of my mind because I'll just cry if I think about it too much. So yeah Graveyard will always be imprinted in me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Princess Mononoke, a Studio Ghibli classic. I've watched this masterpiece many a times (since I was a young child) and still can't get over the gorgeousness and depth. Always a 10 out of 10 rating from my end. For those of you who never watched it, the story genre is fantasy and is placed in ancient Japan, specifically in the Muromachi period. The main characters of the tale are a young warrior named Ashitaka and a young girl named San, who both struggle against humans who destroy the forests for it's natural resources and the mystical creatures/guardians (deities) who want to protect it. Great movie and lesson for children and adults alike!

Personal rating: ★★★★★ out of ★★★★★.

• 5 weeks later...