Why is vampire anime so popular?

RazorDan

Now, I just started watching Vampire Knight and while it's good, I don't find it as interesting as other anime. This may just be me, but why is vampire anime so popular? why are there so many different series? To me zombies are a lot more interesting but there is practically no zombie anime. Apart from HOTD i cant think of any proper zombie anime. What are your thoughts?

I love vampire anime but that could also be because I love vampire movies. I think that the reason that there are so many vampire anime's out right now is because of how popular vampires have become as of late. However that's not to say that I don't like anything else I love zombies and a lot of the stuff in the supernatural area. I would love to see more anime's with zombies, and witches!

I dunno. I hope it's not because of... "Twilight"... *pukes wew. Sorry about that.

But I think that may be a factor or maybe because "Vampire characters" can play a variety of roles when it comes to anime. Usually, they symbolize immortality. Or maybe the animation looks cool when the protagonist slays a vampire hahaha or maybe because Vampires are great antagonists in a story because of their strong characteristics and usually "cooler looks" compared to other supernatural creature + they resemble humans closer than any other "creature of the night".

Why is Vampire movies so popular? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never know.

Vampire Knight reminds me of Twilight though, and Vampire Knight is shoujo, which is targeted at teen girls, the same audience who just 'adores' Twilight and makes it so popular.

If you want to see a real Vampire Anime then go watch Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Helling Ultimate, and NightWalker. I'd recommend Trinity Blood possibly, but I haven't watched it to be able to tell you if its worth it. Blood + on the other hand doesn't even feel like Vampires so I won't recommend it.

Apart from the times where they play the violent antagonist who kills many innocent people by night and are hunted by scantily clad females and men with swords or in the case of trinity blood the badass hero I can't understand why myself, Vampire knight was normal but the only other time I can actually appreciate vampires is in hentai..yeah they make great sex partners, willing or not lol.

well, the reason vampires are popular was researched and it was found that the reason most girls like Twilight is because they want a guy who is hurting inside like Edward but who's forceful enough to kill them with a single swipe. they wanna become the sacrifices that make them feel better and hence they throw themselves at them.

however, a fatal flaw in this argument is the fact that my sister seems to like Jacob more, citing that some chicks are into dudes with burging muscles and who seem to wear only underwear ... okay, that bit may not be surprising :D

well, the reason vampires are popular was researched and it was found that the reason most girls like Twilight is because they want a guy who is hurting inside like Edward but who's forceful enough to kill them with a single swipe. they wanna become the sacrifices that make them feel better and hence they throw themselves at them.

however, a fatal flaw in this argument is the fact that my sister seems to like Jacob more, citing that some chicks are into dudes with burging muscles and who seem to wear only underwear ... okay, that bit may not be surprising :D

LOL'd at this hahaha! This thread is becoming a "comedy thread" by the minute.

But that aside, So is it right to assume that "Vampire" characters are specifically targeted to attract female viewers? Because in my own opinion, as a guy, "Vampires" don't really appeal to me. As Razor stated, I prefer Zombies or more monstrous creatures than Vampires. And maybe, "Twilight" also made an impact to the Japanese people that's why it inspired them to make Vampire-based animes.

If that's the case, then "Twilight" as lame as it is for me, is a force to be reckoned with because it managed to "brainwash" some Japanese pros to make more Vampire animes hahah!

But I doubt that the chicks will dig a Vampire anime if the Vampire Character doesn't resemble the "Vampire of their dreams". (Looks like Cullen........................................ *-___-)

*pukes again, Sorry about that. I hope Shiki (a Vampire anime from what I heard) is different though.

I am a girl and can explain this.

1.Vampires came to be popular because of twilight

2.There are vampire fan-girls from before Twilight aka the people who just didn't fit in

3.Girls are currently into vampires because they represent eternal everlasting love

4.No they do not see it as necrophilia

5.As far as we know vampires are not real so it makes them even more wanted

6.We like the idea of living forever

7.Only half of us girls are stupid enough (no offense) to actually like vamps with issues... well big issues like Edward

8.We do however like guys with smaller issues cause we like to fix them

9.They keep making vampires hot so that sex appeal

10.Some of us like being nibbled on... just saying

11. We don't mind a little pain for eternal love

12. some girls like Robert Patterson (not me)(he looks like he's in pain the entire time)

13.Girls like shiny things just like sparkly vampires (vampires do not sparkle)

14. Some girls like the idea of being watched in their sleep (stockish)

15. Anime Vamps are simply hot

16. Vamps are protective

17. Half naked muscly guys are hot... just saying