Last Live-Action Movie you Watched?

Koby

4 hours ago, Zemekis said:

Ooh that must have been fun. My dad was always big into Terminator & T2.

Terminator 2 is legendary.  It didn't feel like 1991 when I was watching it in theaters, but this movie was clearly meant to be viewed on the big screen.  The crowd was fairly lively, too; some people laughed at some moments, and I think one of them cried at the end...not that I'd know, as I only heard someone behind me say "It's okay to cry," but I didn't bother to look.  But, my point here is that I've only ever seen it on VHS and DVD, the first time being in, what, September 2000, I think?  Even so, the movie was incredible, but watching it on the big screen just hits different, I guess?

Come to think of it, Terminator 2 was a favorite of my dad's, too.

4 hours ago, Dave55811 said:

Come to think of it, Terminator 2 was a favorite of my dad's, too.

I think Terminator & T2 were huge for that generation. I wasn't even born until after T2 came out 🤪  but I saw it a few times even in the 90's because my Dad had it on a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom [2023] - Amber Heard had way more screen time than reports would have you believe. It's true they removed her from a big portion, but she's still there for probably 35% of the entire film. Though mostly as a background character. I can't recall her having a lot of actual spoken dialogue overall. The movie was several steps down from the first one and well this probably marks the end of Momoa as Aquaman given the whole Gunn revamp of the DCEU.

Dark Harvest [2023] - absolutely forgettable.

Terrifier [2018] - I don't get the hype for this. Everyone I know is always raving about how amazing this one is, but it was just cheap production mediocrity.

The Beekeeper [2024] - Nice Jason Statham action flick. Fairly generic in terms of plot setup, basically the whole John Wick formula rehash as all modern action flicks seem to be, but still very much enjoyable all the same. Good to see Statham return to his roots in action after so many comedic roles and the bombing of Expendables 4.

Vacation Friends 2 [2023] - A few steps down from the first but still alright as a time passer I suppose.

Wonka [2023] - Wasn't really what I expected it to be given the stories we heard from Willy Wonka in the previous movies and what not, but it was decently enjoyable all the same. Not sure how it'll hold up on re-watches though unlike the classic.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone But You [2023] - Decent rom-com.

Night Swim [2024] - absolutely awful.

Play It to the Bone [1999] - Woody Harrelson and Antonio Banderas playing boxers past their prime, but too dumb to know they're getting played. Was enjoyable as a one time watch.

Prince Valiant [1997] - Absolute waste of time. :(

Thank You for Your Service [2017] - Well done movie starring Miles Teller about the PTSD of war and the countries lack of care for veterans once they're out of service.

The Informer [2019] - Decent movie about being an informant, getting betrayed by the FBI, and having to save yourself from the situation.

The Iron Claw [2023] - Good movie based on the true story of the Von Erich brothers.

The Kid [2019] - Was alright. A movie about the later years of Billy the Kid yet focus was on some unknown kid.

9 hours ago, Koby said:

Seems like it did so poorly they're canning most of the rest of the films they had considered doing.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/madame-web-bomb-killed-sony-franchise-1235829471/

Yee, Same situation for Morbius. Dang, little chance for the sequel in the next decade from now. Mostly a doubt. Long way from where we at.

Now we wait for Kraven The Hunter, to see if it's cool enough to reach its goal. Followed by Venom 3. Till August and November, also long way from where we at... (Woot... LOL.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...