Resident Evil or Silent Hill

Koby

Which is better?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Resident Evil
    • Silent Hill

The classic RE games (1 & 2 at least) are the best in terms of survival horror/puzzle-solving gameplay).

I have not played much of silent hill, but I have indeed heard that is generally more terrifying.

Though I would not consider RE4 a survival-horror in the same sense as RE1, it is a great action game (I count 4 & 5 apart (5 isn't that good though...)).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

RE's 1-4 are survival horror games however 5 and 6 chose a more Action-Horror route. 

While it doesn't lessen the fun of each game, fans of the genre ultimately lose out on the elements that were previously attached to the other game. 

Silent Hill on the other hand....focuses a lot more on Horror-Puzzle solving. They wrap each one of their games around this trope of Psychology and mental trauma and is a lot more slower-paced and, in some cases, frustrating game play mechanics. That doesn't take from the game though but it's apples and oranges when compared to RE. If you start any of the Silent Hill games and are compelled to go for more that 2 hours then it's for you. Otherwise, the direction, pacing and focus on scare would make you change your mind. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I prefer Resident Evil but, I do play Silent Hill. The last of both titles I played was Resident Evil 6 and Silent Hill Downpour. Downpour was definatley scarier. I was near the end when your in the prison again, and my buddies in my room watching the Grey while I'm playing it. And all these ghost inmates jumped out when I wasn't expecting it and I screamed, and he looks at me like dude WTF?!