Help remembering a game from when I was younger...

Hawkester

Hey guys,

I've had this one game stuck in my head that I used to play when I was younger with a mate but cannot remember what it is. Any help would be appreciated!

It was a Playstation 2 game that was set in the Sengoku period of Japan (The warring times when warlord's fought for control of Japan)

It had a overview screen of Japan similar to the one from Sengoku Rance but had a battle screen similar to the Dynasty Warriors

The player could also create a custom character and attempt to take over Japan using said custom character

That's about all I can remember off the top of my head, but any questions might help me to remember more about the game. I really want to play this game again haha

These are a few Warring States games that I can remember for the PS2. Perhaps one of the following will help to jog your memory?

I know you don't have the option to create a character in some of the games listed below, but I thought I would include them anyway:

Devil Kings

Dynasty Warriors Empires 4, 5 (Can create a character in the Empires games).
Kessen I, II, III
Nobunaga's Ambition: Iron Triangle
Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise to Power

Onimusha 1: Warlords

Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny

Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams

Romance of the three kingdoms VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

Samurai Warriors 1, 2

Samurai Warriors Empires 2

Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends 1, 2
Sengoku Basara 1, 2

Tenchu: Fatal Shadows
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
Way of the Samurai 1, 2

B|

Edited by Anon316
  • Like 1

Had a quick look through them and seems like it was Samurai Warriors Empires 2. I forgot that the Samurai Warriors/Dynasty Warriors games also had empires part as well haha

Thanks for the help, might have a look at the other games as well but now it is time to waste hours upon hours of my life reliving my childhood xD

Glad I could help.

Had a feeling it would be one of the Samurai warriors games based on your description as it mirrors the Dynasty Warriors series, but wasn't 100% sure when you said you could create a character.

I am very familiar with the Dynasty Warriors series, but haven't played Samurai Warriors outside of Warriors Orochi which is a crossover game between both Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. (Gives you the option of playing as all characters from both franchise as well as the ability to use 3 characters at a time)

Warriors Orochi - PS2

Warriors Orochi 2 - PS2

Warriors Orochi 3 - PS3

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - PS3/PS4