kenpachi could ever use bankai or shikai  

53 members have voted

1. 1. kenpachi could ever use bankai or shikai

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since the thread question and poll is if he can ever achieve shikai or bankai, I have to say yes, since his shikai is already released.

I think in one perspective it's certainly possible that he could achieve bankai. But, it's not really up to the character himself - it's the writer's whim.

• 2 weeks later...

No it most likely won't happen due to not knowing the name of his zanpaktou. But hey I once said he can't flash step ... but then he does.

However if Kenpachi does learn to master bankai well in short . . .

Kenpachi - eyepatch + bankai = the ability to create a rip in the universe and then would appear in real life from the anime universe and would kill the world. It almost sounds like a bad Chuck Norris joke, but yeah old Kenny is quite enough of a bitchin' character to do that.

I'm pretty sure he was using flash step in his first ever fight against Ichigo.

I don't recall that. I thought flash step was a very new concept at that time, that only Byakuya used on Ichigo during that arc due to Ichigo having much trouble dealing with it. If Kenpachi had used it I must have defintely missed it.

However Kenpachi does later on use it against Byakuya and takes him by surprise with it. Judging by the situation and how he talks about it does seem to suggest that's first time showing of it in the anime.

• 2 weeks later...