iPod, PSP, PS3, and Small Encodes

Scott

I think that forum should really be for only formats encoded for PS3, Ipods, PSPs and the like. No MKV, AVI or anything else otherwise it get's to confusing imo. Just because something is small in file doesn't mean it should be posted there and it'd help alot I think because people won't go to that forum to download something let's say for the PSP or of the like and not pay attention to what type of file their downloading and instead of getting something for their PSP, they get a MKV file.

not that i have a problem with small encodes, but i just download them when i'm in a hurry or the bigger uploads haven't been updated.

other than that, i would always prefer AVI or MKV format in 480p because the smaller encodes always end up blowing up on the screen. aside from that, MP4 format is very bad for video splitting and not at all recommended for making AMV's.

for example, i once put in the command to split a video from 13:10 to 13:18 and it ended up splitting it from 13:02 to 13:10. all of the videos kept pushing back the splitter by a constant which i only discovered afetre hit and trial.

not that i have a problem with small encodes, but i just download them when i'm in a hurry or the bigger uploads haven't been updated.

other than that, i would always prefer AVI or MKV format in 480p because the smaller encodes always end up blowing up on the screen. aside from that, MP4 format is very bad for video splitting and not at all recommended for making AMV's.

for example, i once put in the command to split a video from 13:10 to 13:18 and it ended up splitting it from 13:02 to 13:10. all of the videos kept pushing back the splitter by a constant which i only discovered afetre hit and trial.

Umm okay? I meant that that forum should not be the place to put "small encodes" Because I still see small files posted in other forums (dub, dual-audio). I meant that the small encoded forum should be only for Ipods and the like only. Different format forum then AVI's/MKV's and the like.

Well for one thing PS3, PSP, and iPod will all play the same format, but I doubt anyone wants a 230p video playing on their PS3 now would they?

One reason why I made the separation is I think tiny encodes are worthless. Who cares about 60 mb mkv files? The encoders claim its excellent quality, the same as original, but smaller file size. However those guys are clearly delusional idiots who are half blind as anyone could clearly see the fuzz, lack of color, lack of sharpness, and crappy mono-toned audio. Regardless people keep making these shitty encodes and I didn't want them filling up the regular high quality section.

Perhaps I could make another subforum for 'shitty small encodes' to separate them from even the other formats, but then Sicka would probably curse us all. It's a lot of work constantly reorganizing and recreating the indexes, and I think he might have just recently finished.

The problem here is too many people are lazy, we are understaffed and need a lot more workers but no one wants to step up besides the few who are already overworked and I do not want to put any more responsibility on those shoulders.

It was originally intended for people to place identifiers in their topic titles as such "[MU] Bakuman (Sub) [PSP]" which would clearly keep it more organized and show people what is what without the fuss but as usual most people fail to follow the guidelines set out on this forum just like even after suspending 2/3 of the uploaders, they all still fail to actually follow the guidelines and post in the index submission.

So I am probably going to turn the download section into mod approval, problem is, lack of people who could moderate it because people are lazy, but by doing mod approval it ensures everything is setup correctly and follows the guidelines and gets added to the index.

As you see, lack of staff is a recurring problem no matter which route we take, so it's more or less at a standstill of not being able to really make any changes because of it. Because no matter how I change it, I won't have the staff to help with the changes and I can't take care of all the matters myself because it's simply too much for one person to handle and there is not enough time in a day, or even a week to attempt such feats alone.

So I am probably going to turn the download section into mod approval, problem is, lack of people who could moderate it because people are lazy, but by doing mod approval it ensures everything is setup correctly and follows the guidelines and gets added to the index.

Let me know when you're going to do this, and I'll be more than happy to help with it as much as I can. ^_^

Well I don't think my PSP Files are shitty quality lol... I could make a 75mb mkv file and I can have it same as anyone elses big-ass 3000mb AVI.BlueRay Rip.

I didn't say PSP encodes were shit quality. I was talking about the small-sized mkv encodes or rmvb. While the PSP lowers resolution to make up for lowering filesize, the mkv encodes instead keep resolution and suffer quality loss on the video as well as usually converting the audio to low bitrate mono sound.

I didn't say PSP encodes were shit quality. I was talking about the small-sized mkv encodes or rmvb. While the PSP lowers resolution to make up for lowering filesize, the mkv encodes instead keep resolution and suffer quality loss on the video as well as usually converting the audio to low bitrate mono sound.

RMVB Encodes should just be banned. No, really.

• 3 weeks later...
RMVB Encodes should just be banned. No, really.
...Perhaps I could make another subforum for 'shitty small encodes' to separate them from even the other formats, but then Sicka would probably curse us all. It's a lot of work constantly reorganizing and recreating the indexes, and I think he might have just recently finished...

Well iPod/PSP encodes are now separated from the small-sized encodes (.mkv, .rmvb, .rm, etc). Just the indexes need to be updated now. I really do hope Sicka doesn't kill us all. I need to find someone able and capable of updating Indexes to lighten Sicka's load.

Uhm.. Hello im new to this site, idk if here was a good place 2 start but i like the site all the anime one needs is here, thx Koby. Plus, Wtf is a mkv file? never heard of it just m4v

mkv is the best container and often used because it allows soft-subs which enable you to turn them off or on. It also allows multiple tracks, that way you can add English Dub and Japanese Dub audio along with multiple subtitle tracks and therefore make everyone happy with 1 file.