RazorDan's Anime Reviews

I have decided to start a review thread. Mainly, cuz of my free time but also cuz it appeals to me for some reason.

All will be given a rating out of 10.

To start with I will review the anime, Great Teacher Onizuka for it's the last anime series i completed. Expect it soon.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

• 3 weeks later...

Great Teacher Onizuka

This is actually my first ever review lol.

Well what can I say? This series was just pure awesome. I admit the only reason I watched it was because it had mediafire links. But boy, am I glad i did. 43 excellent, laugh-out loud episodes.

The story itself sounds at first pretty standard. Its basically about a group of students who try to get rid of a teacher who is trying to teach them about life, like I said, pretty cliche. However, that's where the cliche ends. The teacher, Eikichi Onizuka, is a 22 year old virgin, who became a teacher with the sole purpose of getting laid either with a high school girl or a fellow teacher. He might sound like a creep but after the first episode it is impossible not to find him awesome. I watched all 43 episodes and I think I laughed about a thousand times.

The series' main theme is undoubtedly comedy but there are also some real emotional moments. Some episodes are really serious. They discuss the controversial subjects of bullying, blackmail, corruption and abuse of authority so while it is a heart warming comedy and relatively old it really details some of the major problems in society.

The animation is decent for an anime that is fairly old and I was impressed by how much the supporting characters were developed. My only complaint was that the last two episodes were a bit rushed and didn't follow the manga as well as the others. Overall, however this is an awesome anime and a definite must-see.

Rating: 10/10