Rayd

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shippuden beats the original naruto because of a few things

1. less filler if any

2. its supposed to be more maturish though the dub kind of ruined it : (

3. the akatsuki you barely see them in the original naruto aside from 1 cameo of deidara itachi and kisame briefly but thats about it.

Naruto is better than Shippuden because it's spontaneous and funny. Up to about the Chuunin exam mark. All the characters were laid out and interesting, there was obvious character-triangles that worked and didn't work, and overall it had a lot of potential because general goals were not layed out and you didn't know what was going to happen. It basically relied on social humor; how characters played between and unto each other. Shippuden is another animal, that it behaves such that it is a manga with long reaching goals and ambitions which never seem to materialize very much or very well. It's stuck on the concept too much without making it that extra inch of being spontaneous and fun. Character's personalities are watered down and hidden; there is no longer that much of a social interplay. It's usually just some kind of boring brawl with many flashbacks and predictability. But some people like predictability, it is easy to feed on now and again.

Personally, I'd prefer a whooole series on Ninjas with intestinal difficulties. That just did it, man, fight scenes, angry butthurt between naruto and sasuke, and squeeing little ridiculous ninja children. I like being entertained.

You do know Shippuuden isn't actually intended a different series per-say. Unlike Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT which were intended to be separate. Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden was intended to be one part. In the manga it is one part. It only got separated in the anime because after having a 90 episode run of filler (almost two years worth) they wanted to bring back fans that had dropped it and the best way was to put another name to it so show that it'd changed. The Started Shippuuden after the time jump and continued. Thus personally I do not feel one is greater than the other because I still consider it one and of the same. Shippuuden just has more overpowered characters, and just a single headed goal of saving that prick named Sasuke.