Air Gear

Nero D. Ace

I've been thinking about it and i have concluded that there WILL be a second season of Air Gear.

let's start with the fact that the final episode i.e. episode 25 ended at approximately chapter 102 of the manga.

the new OVA slated for release in November is said to feature a battle between Ikki and Ringo.

now, that battle occurs at Chapter 133 of the manga, which means that they'll have to skip almost 30 chapters to be able to show that.

and while the battle itself is pretty lengthy, it's gonna be pretty damn hard summarising the battle AND those 30 chapters into 20 damn minutes.

Not to mention the fact that if they DO skip the 30 chapters, they'll be leaving critical elements related to the story such as :-

the tuner team, ringo's personal *ahem* tuner, kazu's rise to the flame road, the battle with two guys from sleeping forest, etc.

here's the link to the upcoming OVA and it CLEARLY states that there will be a battle between Ikki and Ringo.

Hence, I think they are going to revive the series now. at least, i hope so.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/9201/Air_Gear:_Kuro_no_Hane_to_Nemuri_no_Mori_-_Break_on_the_Sky

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a while since they finished season 1, so I wasn't expecting a revive. But it would be good - I've always felt that season 1 never really ended properly. I wouldn't say Air Gear is one of my favorites, but if there is going to be a season 2, I will definitely follow that up. LOL Agito is one of the most interesting characters I've ever seen.

Well - If you all want a season 2... You best go out and actually BUY the OAV. This is how they weight things. If this OAV hits a certain peek and popularity... Then it's very possible for another season.

Why could they possible be doing this? Well, season 1 flopped big time. I don't believe they went negative, however, they sure didn't make much of a profit via the Anime market.

So in short - if this OAV gets high enough ratings and sells well - It'll have a better chance at getting a season 2.

• 1 month later...

well good news!!

According to presepe news, the second OVA of Air Gear was announced to be released on March 17th 2011; so that means there will be at least one more ova coming out besides the one that comes out in 7 days, and hopes of more OVA's and maybe another season in the future are still alive.

I always thought that this series was under-rated. I have several friends that became more involved in the anime community because of this series. I would love to see a season two be released. Just don't stray too far from the manga please anime producers!

And I'm one of those people that "if I watch a series online and like it, I'll go buy it when it's released." More people need to support the anime companies, and avoid things (like ADV films going under) from happening to any other companies...

I'm one of those people that "if I watch a series online and like it, I'll go buy it when it's released." More people need to support the anime companies, and avoid things (like ADV films going under) from happening to any other companies...

what a coincidence we're the same :byebye:

• 1 year later...

yeah i was pretty dumbfounded too the way the anime ended especially after reading the manga i mean they ended it right at the part where it starts getting good and really epic but then again there are alot of animes that end at the 25-26ep mark and air gear was just one of them i suppose