Nintendo Announces Pokémon Sword And Shield For Switch

Koby

Generation eight of Pokémon is officially here, as this morning Nintendo announced Pokémon Sword and Shield, to release this fall on the Switch. The pair of games are three-dimensional and cel-shaded.

Pokémon Sword and Shield will be the first mainline games in the series to appear on a home console, they’ll take place in a new region (“Galar”), with a whole bunch of new Pokémon, including three starters that Nintendo showed off in a trailer this morning: Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble.

0GuEnKa.png    cVZUbg3.png

The previous generation of monster-collecting games, gen seven, began with Pokémon Sun and Moon on the 3DS in 2016. Now, three years later, it’s time for the next one.

• Like 6

Grookey

Grookey

TypeGrass

A mischievous Chimp Pokémon that is full of boundless curiosity.

Scorbunny

Scorbunny

TypeFire

A Rabbit Pokémon that is always running about, bursting with energy.

Sobble

Sobble

TypeWater

A somewhat timid Water Lizard Pokémon that shoots out attacks as it hides itself in the water.

You’ll Explore the Galar Region!:

map.jpg

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield will be set in Galar, an expansive region with many environments—idyllic countryside, contemporary cities, thick forests, and craggy, snow-covered mountains. The people and Pokémon live together in this region, and they’ve worked together to develop the industries here.

You’ll visit the various Gyms in the Galar region, aiming for the enviable and admirable title of Champion!

Source: https://www.pokemon.com/SwordShield

Edited by DJHulp

12 minutes ago, DigiPokeMon said:

The Galar region will be the next Ash will visit after Alola I am guessing

This is Certain they always makes the Game and TV World the same! ;) 

And ofcourse Ash aswell, otherwise you get definally angry people me included! ;) 

I wonder if we are getting Mega Evolution or Signature Move or both at the same time (what never happend before)!

Edited by DJHulp

ALL OF MY YES.

GYMS ARE BACK AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER.

NO ONE LIKED YOU ANYWAY TRIALS. GO AWAY FOREVER.

With that out of the way...

I'm a Final Fantasy fan so... Sword all the way. 😍

My choice for the starter will likely either be the fire one or water one. 😃

Either way... in case you couldn't already tell... I'm looking forward to this and it's already better than Gen 7 with Gyms back. 😁

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pizza Cat said:

I can't say that I'm impressed with the starter pokemon, but the rest of it looks good even though I haven't played anything since Black and White.

I haven't played since Crystal on the GBC. They just keep adding more Pokemon and more locations and imo the world has become too convoluted. "Gotta collect em all" seems like an impossible task when there is something like a couple thousand and most of them pale in comparison to the uniqueness of the originals. It's kind of like they ran out of ideas and just toss random animals together with goofy names. For this reason I'd prefer some full-on 3D HD remake of Johto and Kanto (Red, Yellow, Blue, Gold, Silver, Crystal) for the Switch than a brand new gen. But that's probably me just being old school.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/27/2019 at 4:02 PM, Tanis said:

I hope there's more EEVEE evolutions.

What types don't have an Eevee evolution? Bug, Dragon, Flying, Fighting, Ghost, Ground, Poison, Rock, and Steel?

Would be something if we eventually have an evolution for every type. We've already got Normal (Eevee), Fire (Flareon), Electric (Jolteon), Water (Vaporeon), Psychic (Espeon), Dark (Umbreon), Grass (Leafeon), Ice (Glaceon), and Fairy (Sylveon).

I'm loving the open world and Pokemon in plain sight rather than random encounters, but I'm not digging the whole giant Pokemon Dynamax gig.

• 3 months later...
On 2/27/2019 at 5:08 PM, Koby said:

I haven't played since Crystal on the GBC. They just keep adding more Pokemon and more locations and imo the world has become too convoluted. "Gotta collect em all" seems like an impossible task when there is something like a couple thousand and most of them pale in comparison to the uniqueness of the originals. It's kind of like they ran out of ideas and just toss random animals together with goofy names. For this reason I'd prefer some full-on 3D HD remake of Johto and Kanto (Red, Yellow, Blue, Gold, Silver, Crystal) for the Switch than a brand new gen. But that's probably me just being old school.

I've never played any of the original games before, but judging from what I've seen thanks to Pokemon Origins and Generations, it's definitely superior.

I am also hoping for an eventual 3D HD remake, once they ditch the current art style in favor of something more realistic anime style.