Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro

Midghost

Well tech wise....

PS4 Pro vs. Xbox One X

Specification PS4 Pro Xbox One X
CPU 2.1GHz 8-core AMD Jaguar 2.3GHz 8-core AMD Jaguar
GPU 4.2 TFLOP AMD Radeon (36CU, 911MHz) 6.0 TFLOP AMD Radeon (40CU, 1.172GHz)
Memory 8GB GDDR5 + 1GB 12 GB GDDR5
Storage 1TB 1TB
Resolution 4K 4K
HDR Yes Yes
Dimensions (in.) 12.9 x 11.6 inches 11.81 x 9.44 inches
Height 2.17 inches 2.36 inches
Weight 7.3 pounds 8.4 pounds
Optical drive Blu-ray, DVD 4K Blu-ray, DVD
Inputs 3x USB 3.1, 1x PS Camera 3x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI-in, IR Blaster
Networking 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0
Power supply Internal 310W Internal 245W
Starting price $399 $499
Misc. PS VR support Backward compatibility with Xbox and Xbox 360 games

• Like 3

Yes, the Xbox One X version is the most superior hands down but that's a given because its specs are far higher than the competition and predecessor, and the PS4 Pro uses a kind-of bad checkerboard method for 4k while the X is near native. Still isn't gonna stop me from having fun on my base PS4 lol  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my Xbox One X recently and I've also had a PS4 Pro for like 1.5 years. Honestly, I love both of them, but the One X has definitely surprised me by how nice it is. PS4 definitely has the edge on exclusives, but everything else is better on Xbox. I love the backwards compatibility with 360 & OG Xbox games, and the thing is a power house in a great sleek package. I love the extra power and it looks great in 4K HDR. Xbox has good integration with a bunch of other services like Discord and whatnot. Best of all is Xbox Game Pass. I love this service and it has so many great games on it.

For Black Friday, there are definitely some decent deals for the Xbox One X. If you already have a PS4, I'd definitely recommend looking into a One X as well.

6 minutes ago, deanzel said:

PS4 definitely has the edge on exclusives

Honestly I don't know of any XBONE exclusives I'm actually interested in playing.

XBOX has always lacked exclusives to me in every generation. I never played the original XBOX (I can't remember any exclusives I was interested in) while 360 exclusive-wise only had like 3 games I was interested in (Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon, and maybe N3).

Which is why I've always been a Playstation fan every generation in terms of consoles, but really PC Master Race!

@deanzel Happy to hear you still find value in your PS4 Pro, guess you changed your mind about selling it?

Also good to know plenty of Xbox One X deals, I'll finally pick one up this Black Friday more than likely.

@Koby Same here Koby I've been a dedicated PlayStation fan since PS1 and don't plan on changing that mindset.

I'll eventually also buy a Switch too, but with them releasing a newer model in 2019, I'll just wait a few years for that model to drop down in price.

There's a Digital Foundry video that went in depth with comparrisons and the xbone-x definately has better draw distances. The ps4 pro looks rather blurry in comparrison.

I'd still go with ps4 though cuz xbone has no games. (Member ppl making fun of ps3 for having no games? Sweet revenge!)

The original talent that made gears of war and halo are gone. Do you need to be connected to the internet to play ps4 games? I thought I heard xbone having some shitty drm like that or something.

Edited by EmptyBasket

12 hours ago, EmptyBasket said:

There's a Digital Foundry video that went in depth with comparrisons and the xbone-x definately has better draw distances. The ps4 pro looks rather blurry in comparrison.

I'd still go with ps4 though cuz xbone has no games. (Member ppl making fun of ps3 for having no games? Sweet revenge!)

The original talent that made gears of war and halo are gone. Do you need to be connected to the internet to play ps4 games? I thought I heard xbone having some shitty drm like that or something.

I believe you only need to be connected thru your PSN signin, it's not a mandatory always online connection thing.

There are certain multiplayers that require you to always be online though, like Destiny and it's kind.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 9:42 PM, Koby said:

Honestly I don't know of any XBONE exclusives I'm actually interested in playing.

XBOX has always lacked exclusives to me in every generation. I never played the original XBOX (I can't remember any exclusives I was interested in) while 360 exclusive-wise only had like 3 games I was interested in (Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon, and maybe N3).

Which is why I've always been a Playstation fan every generation in terms of consoles, but really PC Master Race!

Lost Odyssey was the bomb. LOVED that game.

I'm the other way, at least in part. The Playstation exclusives mostly don't interest me at all, though God of War looks nice. Were it not for the fact that most of the XB1 exclusives are also on PC (where I play them), I'd actually go with the One X. It's also a really nice media player and I love that it has access to jazzed up versions of great stuff from the Xbox and 360 era, including Lost Odyssey.

I wouldn't say that I'm particularly into driving games, but the Forza series kicks the competition up and down the isle IMO. Horizon in particular is a blast.

To each their own!

53 minutes ago, markiemarcus said:

Lost Odyssey was the bomb. LOVED that game.

I'm the other way, at least in part. The Playstation exclusives mostly don't interest me at all, though God of War looks nice. Were it not for the fact that most of the XB1 exclusives are also on PC (where I play them), I'd actually go with the One X. It's also a really nice media player and I love that it has access to jazzed up versions of great stuff from the Xbox and 360 era, including Lost Odyssey.

I wouldn't say that I'm particularly into driving games, but the Forza series kicks the competition up and down the isle IMO. Horizon in particular is a blast.

To each their own! 

The PS2 had a plethora of exclusive jRPGs, which were my jam back in the day. Such as .hack// 1-4, .hack//G.U. 1-3, XenoSaga 1-3, Shadow Hearts 1-3, Kingdom Hearts 1-2, Final Fantasy X, FFX-2, FFXII, Grandia 3, Star Ocean 3, Suikoden 3-5, etc.... Sure now they've been ported to PC or remastered in HD, but some of them have still never seen a re-release. The PS2 remains the console with the most games I've enjoyed to this day. No other console came close in terms of jRPG exclusives.

The PS3, one of my favorite games this past decade was an exclusive on it: Dante's Inferno. Then you have God of War, Heavenly Sword, The Last of Us, Kingdom Hearts HD Remasters, The Legend of Heroes franchise, and Uncharted. It's a far cry from what the PS2 had, but still a lot more than what the 360 had. Of course many have seen updated ports to PS4 or PC now too.

The PS4 will have FF7Remake, The Last of Us 2, Cold Steel 3-4, .hack//G.U. Last Recode, Dragon Quest Heroes 1-2, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Star Ocean 5, Tokyo Xanadu eX+, etc...

While in 3 generations, the XBOX series of consoles have had a mere 3 games that interested me? Hell disregarding what does or doesn't interest me, the XBONE has one of the tiniest lists of retail exclusives I've ever seen for a console. Barely hit 30 exclusives since it's been out, and 6 of those are just Forza sequels.

Not counting existing PS4 exclusives; just the upcoming announced PS4 exclusives, currently 95 exclusives are announced that aren't released yet according to gematsu, is more than triple that of the existing + upcoming (only 9 upcoming) exclusives combined of the XBONE.

Like I said, to each their own. Really didn't care for TLOU or Horizon Zero Dawn. 3rd person games like that are a dime a dozen on PS4. I just find them clunky and unsatisfying to play. Add Uncharted to that list. The FF7 remake looks dreadful and for whatever reason I just couldn't ever get into Kingdom Hearts.

Dante's Inferno was multiplatform. It's great. It's also now backwards compatible on XB1 ;)

The PS2 was a fun time! Though I'm still bitter; I loved my Dreamcast and that fucker killed it haha. GTA 3 blew my mind though and to this day I still love the original Jak and Daxter. Holds up so well.

Though the game itself is derivative and a little hokey, Enchanted Arms had one of the most addictive battle systems I've ever played in a JRPG. I binged that one so badly!

Alright well according to the exclusive lists over at Gematsu we're still talking something like 400+ PS4 exclusives vs. 40 XBONE not counting digital-only games. So pretty much for every 1 XBONE exclusive you have 10 PS4 exclusives to choose from. Though that's not to say exclusive = good game or anything. It's simply that exclusives are a big selling point for why people should pick one console over the other.

I've never been much of a fan of the XBOX controller either. I know the meme that says PS controllers are for smaller handed people than XBOX controllers but I find that to be false. I have big hands (I'm a big guy: 6 foot 2 inches, size 13 shoe, over 200lbs, etc), and yet the PS controllers have always felt more comfortable to me and because I've gamed more on PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 than XBOX, I find the button configuration and layout better suited. These are just personal preferences though of course.

As for The Last of Us, I enjoyed it personally, but imo it plays out more like a long interactive movie than a game. I actually wouldn't mind seeing it turned into a movie franchise tbh. But for people who don't like playing it, I'd still recommend checking out one of the fan-made "Game Movies" on YouTube where they splice all the cutscenes together with a little gameplay between to bridge the gaps and get the gist of the story. There's actually a couple games I just watched these Game Movies for rather than play the game actually.

And you're right about Dante's Inferno. I wonder why I thought it was an exclusive.