Did you like the Disney part of Kingdom Hearts?

Cheri

Did you like the Disney part of Kingdom Hearts?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the Disney part of Kingdom Hearts?

New member here, nothing special. Just wondering how many people actually LIKED the Disney part of the game. I mean, I've heard so many fans whining and complaining about it, really makes me feel like an outcast for liking it. So what's your opinion then?

• 1 month later...

Kingdom Hearts wouldn't be "Kingdom Hearts" without Disney characters IMO.

I like the game mostly because its unique for actually including something like that into RPG's and the Disney side does make it rather comical. I think one of the biggest problems people have with Disney being included is that the game seems rather childish. But if you get past that, its actually a great series.

Though I'd admit even myself I'd rather be able to travel to other worlds being able to take Squall (or Leon in KH) with me rather then always being forced to using Donald and Goofy everytime. =P

With the Disney part in it, it's originality level isn't all that high. Though, they really did contribute to the stories and such. I think that Square could have worked their way through it nonetheless. Anyways, I can stand it, though I'd rather have more mature allies a majority of the time.

• 3 months later...

The Disney part of it is enjoyable, if you took that part away you'd have something more on the serious side and though some would prefer that I liked the Disney part of it. I agree with what Koby said, without it, the game wouldn't exactly be called Kingdom Hearts. They probably could have replaced all the Disney originals with more serious characters but that's kinda what makes it more enjoyable, knowing you're going to see some Disney favorites. I like the Disney part. ^^

• 2 weeks later...
Kingdom Hearts wouldn't be "Kingdom Hearts" without Disney characters IMO.

I like the game mostly because its unique for actually including something like that into RPG's and the Disney side does make it rather comical. I think one of the biggest problems people have with Disney being included is that the game seems rather childish. But if you get past that, its actually a great series.

Though I'd admit even myself I'd rather be able to travel to other worlds being able to take Squall (or Leon in KH) with me rather then always being forced to using Donald and Goofy everytime. =P

I agree.

It'd kind of turn out like Final Fantasy, but the Disney Part of the game makes it interesting.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

without the disney parts, kingdom hearts would just be a final fantasy knock off... it already is at the borderline of an ff knockoff.... despite how strange it sounded at first, the crossover between the two was pulled off amazingly. there were certainly disney parts that annoyed and frustrated me, but all in all, it's the disney worlds that pretty much MAKE kingdom hearts what it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Koby changed the title to Did you like the Disney part of Kingdom Hearts?