Will bleach ever continue?

Ham178

I enjoyed watching bleach and when I got to the last episode I was wondering if the series would ever continue.

I think that they just needed a break from bleach after making many episodes but it has been 5 years and I was wondering what you guys think would've happened to bleach. It was really good why did it have to stop?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, yukarinyakumo said:

I think they might continue it. I recall that the main reason for them stopping was because the anime had caught up to the manga and manga's pacing was atrocious. Now that the manga ended, I don't see why they wouldn't.

There's actually other reasons too, such as the fact that the show's ratings dropped no thanks to those out of place filler arcs. Despite that, I'm still confident that we'll see a Bleach Final Act soon. Fairy Tail has a Final Act comin' up in 2018, so I don't see why Bleach wouldn't. 

Shounen is such a mess right now with Bleach and Naruto both over manga wise and nothing of value to fill the void with that they're desperate. Rather than new refreshing ideas, we're getting Bleach and Naruto (Twin Star Exorcist, Black Clover, etc) clones left and right, as well as Boruto to milk the Naruto fanbase, trying to keep readers and viewers and it's failing. Despite any ratings plunge Bleach saw during it's downfall, it still has a loyal fanbase who'd be willing to see it through to the end, which is something at least. Shounen has become extremely cliche and unoriginal and it doesn't even attempt to change it's formula anymore. So I'd say it's more of a "when" than an "if" for when the final arc will be animated. Which is a far different response to the question in comparison to my response to the question back when the anime first ended, which was due in part to two reasons: catching up to the manga and declining viewership. If Black Clover fails to catch on and it doesn't end up being a long running shounen anime series, it's possible that Studio Pierrot opts to conclude the Bleach anime at that time. In any event, there is no solid answer anywhere to be found at this time. It all just remains speculation.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Koby said:

Shounen is such a mess right now with Bleach and Naruto both over manga wise and nothing of value to fill the void with that they're desperate. Rather than new refreshing ideas, we're getting Bleach and Naruto (Twin Star Exorcist, Black Clover, etc) clones left and right, as well as Boruto to milk the Naruto fanbase, trying to keep readers and viewers and it's failing. Despite any ratings plunge Bleach saw during it's downfall, it still has a loyal fanbase who'd be willing to see it through to the end, which is something at least. Shounen has become extremely cliche and unoriginal and it doesn't even attempt to change it's formula anymore. So I'd say it's more of a "when" than an "if" for when the final arc will be animated. Which is a far different response to the question in comparison to my response to the question back when the anime first ended, which was due in part to two reasons: catching up to the manga and declining viewership. If Black Clover fails to catch on and it doesn't end up being a long running shounen anime series, it's possible that Studio Pierrot opts to conclude the Bleach anime at that time. In any event, there is no solid answer anywhere to be found at this time. It all just remains speculation.

I think Black Clover could catch on, it has a lot of potential. Yes when you watch it there's a strong sense of naruto even bleach in it, but hopefully with time it will find its own uniqueness.

Since Inuyasha did get a 'Final Act', I wouldn't be surprised if Bleach did. Maybe it'll depend on the reception to the live-action movie, or as to ride the hype, we get an announcement that the anime will indeed return and finish. Though a few years back I read a headline that said the Japanese voice actor for Genryusai Yamamoto passed away, I'm sure someone good will fill that void. Despite its flaws and what many people say, I still love Bleach and hope it gets the conclusion it deserves on the animated side of things. And hopefully with less fillers.

19 minutes ago, Predaking-117 said:

Despite its flaws and what many people say, I still love Bleach and hope it gets the conclusion it deserves on the animated side of things. And hopefully with less fillers.

I enjoyed 1-63 a lot. Everything after that just went downhill, but it still had it's moments of some nice fights. Even though I'm not a fan of the show (people have heard me talk crap on it for years) because of what it turned into and because of Tite Kubo, I'd still like to see the Final Arc animated to finally watch the end of the story. I just hope it doesn't boot up some franchise milking where Ichigo has a kid named Banana (cause Ichigo=Strawberry) and they pull a Boruto by continuing the story via anime with a newer generation of Soul Reapers. Since the manga is completed, it'd have zero reason to do filler other than to extend how long it remains on air, so I really hope they try to adhere to the manga and not introduce more filler.

4 hours ago, Koby said:

I enjoyed 1-63 a lot. Everything after that just went downhill, but it still had it's moments of some nice fights. Even though I'm not a fan of the show (people have heard me talk crap on it for years) because of what it turned into and because of Tite Kubo, I'd still like to see the Final Arc animated to finally watch the end of the story. I just hope it doesn't boot up some franchise milking where Ichigo has a kid named Banana (cause Ichigo=Strawberry) and they pull a Boruto by continuing the story via anime with a newer generation of Soul Reapers. Since the manga is completed, it'd have zero reason to do filler other than to extend how long it remains on air, so I really hope they try to adhere to the manga and not introduce more filler.

Ichigo does have a kid called Kazui, but unlike Naruto, there won't be a continuation featuring his kid as the protag. Bleach names tend to be not punny, at least, to me. I agree in watching a properly adapted arc in action, too.

• 1 month later...

I doubt it, there is no merchandising profit to be earned. A tv station/manga label only keeps making a series if the manga is still ongoing/popular. When bleach went off air the views, reception, and manga were doing horrible.

Rurouni Kenshin from the 90s era suffered the same reason the bleach anime got cancelled. After the kyoto arc they caught up to the manga and the filler anime only arcs dropped the ratings and they cancelled the anime and it never came back.

Inuyasha the final act was an example of good reception. Final act came out 2 years after the original Inuyasha anime ended but the difference is the reception, merchandising, and the ratiengs/views of the anime before it went off air were still very high. Bleach is the opposite where it failed miserably.

The live-action movie is coming out in 2018 but that usually only produces ova's not a full series

the problem is that the filler episodes of bleach were not popular - that's why it went off the air.

Since they finished the bleach manga, there's actual manga material to use.  they could easily get 1-2 seasons of actual material.

i wouldn't be surprised if they make a new anime season for it.